Packers find themselves in unusual position of looking up to favored Bears

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
First in a 13-part series on the opponents the Green Bay Packers will face during the 2019 regular season.

home

Continue reading...

Read an article where it was said NFC North is #1 division. Bears, Vikes, Pack, Lions in that order was listed there. However, Pack is the wildcard after getting a healthy Rodgers, his weapons deveolping, a healthy Graham and an investment in the Defense :)

The difference between winning and losing is so small, it’s tough to tell. My view is that there are many Packer fans that need to accept the reality that the team may be crummy again this year and they will have a hard time with that, but there are also a good number of Packer fans who need to accept the reality that the team might actually be good, and they will also have a hard time with that.

I believe the key to how good the Packers will be centers on how well the defense does keeping opponents off the board. I think the offense will be effective enough because of Rodgers, but defense? It's still out there, unknown.

We're going to find out early on, opening against the Bears. If we get crushed, it's going to be "wait until next year" from the very start.

My view is that there are many Packer fans that need to accept the reality that the team may be crummy again this year
i can accept that, but it isn't what i expect will happen. i think we improved the players significantly in the offseason. i'm excited about the changes, but i'm not expecting miracles. i'm cautiously confident we will reclaim the division. but i get the fact that every fan feels like their team made strides in the offseason, and we won't really know until they play the games.

I get what Pack is saying. Pack, Pats, and others are usually slow first three games in. Its been since MH era that this team doesn't come out hot. Can thank changes in TC pratices and CBA for this imo

I get what Pack is saying. Pack, Pats, and others are usually slow first three games in. Its been since MH era that this team doesn't come out hot. Can thank changes in TC pratices and CBA for this imo
I have always maintained the season is a marathon and not a sprint. You want to peak in November and December not September. I never had a issue with slow starts. Some did and blamed McCarthy. I think it was more as T said a function of the CBA and more of a veteran team

If you can't beat a team that still sucks, you should be taken out behind the woodshed.

Simple fact. We need to start the season off right. Downplaying that first game isn't as easy as some people think. We play the Bears, Denver in Green Bay, then hit the road and play the Vikings. We need to be concerned about the Bears and Vikings, playing on their turf. The history, of teams starting 0-2 and even making the playoffs can be found here. 0-2 Starts

Of course, when only a handful of teams at 0-2 make it in, I'm going to continue showing concern. That doesn't downplay the entire season, it just points out that with a new direction, a team needs to mark it's territory or they can end up falling like a rock as the coaching staff starts reaching for answers.

Back