Packers Extreme Makeover

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Like the honesty that it was pretty much all about the money to come here and not the BS oh I loved the history or this or that player and that's what sold me to come there like some players say.

Thanks for posting the article, GBP. Enjoyable read! I really liked it.

That said, I know nothing about 'the ringer' site or the author Robert Mays.......and my take away had nothing to do with money, history, and location.

What I read is what I'm seeing on the field. ML is great with people, Rodgers has bought in entirely, The Smiths et al have really changed the D locker room and it's loved by the whole team. They're all buying in.

I'm also sure that I would dislike most of the music they're blasting on the field. lol!

gopackgo

Good article in that it confirms what many have been saying. They are having fun as a team. I can only wonder what Mike McCarthy would think if he read this article. Would he have regrets? Would he say, that shit wouldn't fly in my facility?

The fun I want to see is hoisting a Lombardi, and then again, and then again.

If this is what it takes to do it, so be it.

This year will be Superhole's 20th Anniversary. Without going back and counting, the Patriots are on the shirt at least 10 times, probably more. To me that's fun.

The Packers are on the shirt once. To me, not so fun.

I hope the "fun" works

This year will be Superhole's 20th Anniversary. Without going back and counting, the Patriots are on the shirt at least 10 times, probably more. To me that's fun.
They were in the February 2011 Super Bowl. That is only 9 years. 3 trips in the last 20 years. While not the Patriots that's pretty successful.

Like Hawk and his draft status, Graham and his contract, I think the thing isn't the specific SB numbers for the Pack but that they come during the Favre/Rodgers run. Fans expect(ed) more in a 'QB driven league'.

Like Hawk and his draft status, Graham and his contract, I think the thing isn't the specific SB numbers for the Pack but that they come during the Favre/Rodgers run. Fans expect(ed) more in a 'QB driven league'.
Agreed

Great article....thanks for posting it!

Think not to be over looked is everything started with hiring Gutey.

So telling was how times had passed MM by and TT afraid to use free agency.

Ron Wolf at least knew when to step aside when football had changed and passed him by. MM and TT didn't adapt to the changes and as we all know, should have been gone 3 years sooner.

There are big contrasts between MM and ML and also TT and Gutey as well.

Similarities though are how Gutey made changes in GB closer to when Wolf took over and how ML has made changes like MH did. Different eras and so they both (Gutey/ML) have done it in different ways in the new era.

Now hopefully they can bring in SB(s) win

Back