• Ryan Longwell

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Don Chandler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Al Del Greco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Believe Longwell is the all time scorer but Chester Marcol was all GB had for many years. Toss up.

Had to go chester, his rushing score against the bears pushed him over the top for me. Too amusing

Had to vote Chester. Back in the summer of 1974 I attended a kickers camp at UW-River Falls. We had the pleasure of learning from Doc Storey, Jim Bakken, Chester and the punter from Ohio State (can't remember his name). First day out on the field there are about 45 kids mulling around waiting for the celebs to show up. One kid was telling dirty jokes, one after another. Kind of chunky with a frizzy afro...yep- Chester. He regaled us with stories and jokes everyday. I don't know if you have heard this, but he always wanted to be a WR so we had to play flag football with him. Little sh** was quick, but not fast. Just fast enough to score on the Bears!

Odd though shortly after this he would be released by Starr which many said was for his drug problem and not what Starr said was poor kicking. He would go on to kick only one more time after his release in a game against the Packers. Thankfully he was able to get his life cleaned up and able to help others recover from drug problems.

Back