Packers 2024 Training Camp Thread

and this is pretty much what that other guy's teammates said when he took a two day break. but it isn't what the media said.

and mark - i understand why you don't want us talking about that other qb any more. it does tend to be a controversial subject around here. my only reason for bringing it up is the difference in the way the media reacts. i know darned well that he isn't a packer any more. and i will do my best to refrain from ever mentioning his name here again. well, actually i didn't mention it this time. i'm sorry, but he's still one of my all-time favorite football players. i'm not like a lot of packers fans who "hate" former packers players who went to play for other teams. i follow former packers when they move on. players like davante adams, mvs, even guys like gbp's favorite player "touchdown jesus".
The Pack front office should be able to negotiate more than 1 deal at a time.

No excuses

And, this isn't 100% on the Pack. But, the Pack should have started earlier and been more aggressive negotiating to prevent this situation.
the packers organization - especially under gutekunst - are notoriously cheap with their highest paid players. sometimes it bites them in the butt. i sure as heck hope they don't drag this out much longer or we will be starting the season with pratt under center (exaggeration).

I’m living on a different planet from Packer fandom I guess. Absolute non-issue to me.
Yep if deal gets done by end of this week no big deal Love misses a few practices. I would rather give the backup QBs a chance to see what they can do. Love has been working out in off-season with these guys so missing 3-4 practices is not going to hurt him.

Yep if deal gets done by end of this week no big deal Love misses a few practices. I would rather give the backup QBs a chance to see what they can do. Love has been working out in off-season with these guys so missing 3-4 practices is not going to hurt him.
If that’s how it plays out then people will not remember this come October, especially if he starts strong and picks up from last year. If he struggles early same people will wish GB didn’t sign him at all. Let it be!

If that’s how it plays out then people will not remember this come October, especially if he starts strong and picks up from last year. If he struggles early same people will wish GB didn’t sign him at all. Let it be!
you are right about that for sure. we have seen that in the past where a guy didn't show up for the official voluntary offseason program, which is mostly conditioning, with very little actual football and some folks got all up in arms blaming that for the reason we didn't get to the super bowl. i don't expect to see that this year, but there will probably be a few who will overreact.

Back