Packers 2024 Training Camp Thread

it is good that he's staying in shape, so kudos to him for that. it would be nice if he was getting in sync with his teammates, particularly the ones who are new to the team. the man is under contract already, so there is simply no justification for not participating fully.
The one few things he can do to try to push to get a contract done.

i'm not sure what this has to do with the comparison since that other guy didn't hold out to get the extension. he was playing in the games when the extension happened, wasn't he? and just to be clear, i was never one of the people saying the current packers qb shouldn't have his contract extended after only "half a season". i think he should be. i'm not even begrudging him whatever amount of money they give him. i just don't see any justification for what he is doing now.

i'm not sure what this has to do with the comparison since that other guy didn't hold out to get the extension. he was playing in the games when the extension happened, wasn't he? and just to be clear, i was never one of the people saying the current packers qb shouldn't have his contract extended after only "half a season". i think he should be. i'm not even begrudging him whatever amount of money they give him. i just don't see any justification for what he is doing now.
The whole problem is we should not be comparing them at all..... First off he's the QB of the NY Jets.... no longer part of the equation here. The circumstances are different sooo how about we not even bring him up in a Packers area?

I think the main thing holding this up is probably figuring out when the payment of guaranted money happens. I am thinking you will see guaranted money paid out over 3 years so all matters on how it's structured and when he gets his payments.

The problem with the Live situation is:

WHAT THE HELL WERE THE PACKERS DOING LAST WEEK? There is no reason this deal was not done. They freakin' know the numbers. Waiting until now is horrible, and it does hurt the team.

The Pack needs Love out there
Working on a deal with a 28 yr old DT first ... you asked sh))FP(

It is disappointing that Love isn't practicing. It needs to get done very soon.

But I fortunately or unfortunately am involved with a lot of negotiations. These things take time. It's frustrating how long they can take and quite frankly it's not either party's fault. The big negotiations especially take the most time because you can't get it wrong so both sides filter through more with a fine tooth comb.

I'm not happy about it. I get it. But I'm not happy. It needs to get done ASAP.

I'm kinda with DenverPack here.

I am generally against players holding out, but this new era of "hold ins" are sort of a compromise thing. Love shouldn't take snaps before securing his future, and the start of camp was a very well-known deadline and the negotiators failed to get it done. I'm not fully on "it's on the team," but it's on the negotiators on both sides, with more on the team because they know the deadline and they had to know it would be used as leverage, so this should be accounted for.

I am guessing a hang up may be that Love's camp wants any SB paid on signing maybe GB is asking for percent to be paid on signing and another percent to be paid later. I truly believe the basic contract is already agreed to and now it's just crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

Back