Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

I figured they needed to get competition for Carlson. Doing it at this juncture makes a lot of sense. You want to have a guy working his tail off for you, not someone else, to see what he's got. I think he could end up being a handful for Carlson to beat.

One thing. His longer kicks aren't really terrific. It seems like a lot of these long kickers have that problem. I think it all has to do with their approach to the ball. To get more distance, you need more whip in your leg, and power. Sometimes that's not a good thing, because it's easier to push or pull the ball. Remember, it's the difference between wide left, and wide right, and down the middle can be as little as 1 inch in either direction on impact. It's like hitting a ball in pool. You get a little far to one side or the other, and you miss the shot.

FYI his dad was in front of me by 2 years in HS and played FB and BB with his dad, went to church with their whole family. All Manawa WI originals, Tim ( his dad) took a job running the aquatic center and as the HS strength coach after college and settled in Iola.

Back