Packers 2022 Thread

Keep in mind to keeping FA Adams who is seeking to be the highest-paid WR will require a least a few more cuts OR you let him walk. Everyone needs to understand it's a very unpleasant offseason that's coming.
I'm torn on Adams. I can't imagine he has many monster seasons left at his age, but he's sure to have a good amount of good ones. Those good ones aren't going to be worth $27+m per year, but you'd be paying for his previous monster years after he's already had them. You don't want to saddle your young QB with subpar weapons so it makes sense to keep him, but if you keep him you saddle the team with limited roster flexibility.

Trade MVP Rodgers for Jerry Jeudy and Bradley Chubb. Adams walks, cut the Smiths, cut Cobb, try to re-work Bakhtiari to get his number down, new deal for Jaire. Keep some talent, get some new talent, compromises all around.

Trade MVP Rodgers for Jerry Jeudy and Bradley Chubb. Adams walks, cut the Smiths, cut Cobb, try to re-work Bakhtiari to get his number down, new deal for Jaire. Keep some talent, get some new talent, compromises all around.
That seems like the most logical approach, now will Gute actually do what's logical is another whole question.

That seems like the most logical approach, now will Gute actually do what's logical is another whole question.
Takes two to tango on Rodgers trade compensation, I’m being greedy here but the fact that Rodgers may well win another MVP keeps his value high

Takes two to tango on Rodgers trade compensation, I’m being greedy here but the fact that Rodgers may well win another MVP keeps his value high
I think a reasonable trade is Rodgers for a 1st a 3rd and a player.

I hope you guys are right. I don't see Rodgers bringing in that haul. 1) He's leaving, 2) We can't keep him, and 3) He's old

Arod won't get traded. Everyone out there knows Arod is done after this year with his contract. All the other teams have to do is lowball GB and wait till they get desperate. And everyone knows Arod won't go just anywhere. GB has zero leverage for getting anything decent in a trade..

As for Adams GB needs too many upgrades to pour that much money into one guy. I think you let him walk and use that money to fix OL and/or DL....

The 3,000 lb gorilla in the room is does the FO trade him to appease him or play hard ball. Gute / Murphy still hold some “control” as to comp.

The 3,000 lb gorilla in the room is does the FO trade him to appease him or play hard ball. Gute / Murphy still hold some “control” as to comp.
There are 50 million reasons they can’t play too hard with him this year.

Back