Packers 2022 Thread

Here is the other piece of it

I see no way it's extended. Math won't work you extend him you still will have $20 million dead cap to deal with no matter what extending him add's at least 10-15 million to that number. Could Packers deal with a $30+ million cap number with him. Yes but means cutting a lot of other guys and not being able to sign anyone to replace him. Rodgers won't resign when you cut most of the top talent and not resign Adams. He won't play his last few years with a rebuild team.

It's going to be a mess next year having to trade and cut several guys. Only guys you want to keep IMO are Campbell and Bojorquez. Adams is going to cost to much to keep. Your ERFA and RFA I think you keep them. Not sure I bring back MVS as he really does not tip the needle anyway and might just be best to bring in a cheaper draft pick to replace him.

MVS being on IR this year hurts his market value.
I think he can be signed for a manageable 2 yr contract that lets him prove his value to the team without Adams around. Then he can look for his “pay day”.
Lazard is a RFA, I believe. So Packers tender him.
Keeping those two brings some stability to the WR room without a major cap hit.
Draft a WR early, and then another early day 3 of the draft to rebuild that group.
Honestly. Taylor and Winfree add “serviceable” depth to the WR group IMO.
They will also have a new QB and will all learn together.

Back