Packers 2020 Financials

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Packers reported just $61.8 million in local revenue in 2020, down 71% from the 2019 season. That money comes from most ticket sales, sponsorships, game-day income and merchandise sales. It resulted in an operating loss of $38.8 million, the first time in more than 20 years that the team

On the flip side each NFL team received a record $309.2 million in national revenue last year

Murphy noted three things that helped the Packers offset some of the revenue shortfall. The team didn’t need to dip into its corporate reserves, now up to $511 million, but it used those funds to open a credit facility (Murphy declined to comment on the specifics of that facility). The team’s investments also benefited from the strong market performance during its fiscal year—gains jumped to $120 million following a $21 million loss the prior year—and a number of season ticket holders allowed the team to keep their deposits.

832836FE-41EF-4EFE-AECC-DCD2A0F5D9EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick Hits from Murphy:

• On when the Packers will play their first international game: “My preference would be sooner rather than later. I think it would be good for the organization.”
  • On the salary cap post-pandemic: “It's probably going to be a two-to-three year period, I would say, before you get back to what the cap would be without some negotiating changes.”
  • On future projects for the Packers: “We are looking at and have been studying a new football facility. We think this would be something that really would help set us up from a football operation standpoint for the next decade or two.”

New football facility? Elaborate please. I think he's probably referring to separation of the offices from the field. Just curious.

Not shocking they lost money think everyone did

Quick Hits from Murphy:

• On when the Packers will play their first international game: “My preference would be sooner rather than later. I think it would be good for the organization.”
  • On the salary cap post-pandemic: “It's probably going to be a two-to-three year period, I would say, before you get back to what the cap would be without some negotiating changes.”
  • On future projects for the Packers: “We are looking at and have been studying a new football facility. We think this would be something that really would help set us up from a football operation standpoint for the next decade or two.”
I fiugred at some point they would tak about replacing Lambeau all teams do it

I still think within next 10-20 years GB will ask for new stadium. Lambeay is maxed for size and GB at some point will want bigger and better.

Back