okay, so here's my real first packers mock of the season

realitybytes

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
sorry for the other one.

1a - noah fant, te - iowa yes, i know there are some who will question whether he is worthy of a #12 pick. i could see us trading down a few spots and still getting him.​
1b - juan thornhill, safety - virginia going for a true free safety here. there's a chance he won't be there at #30. my second choice would be adderly.​
2 - mack wilson, ilb - alabama big school, good production against top competition. plays well in coverage.​
3 - chase winovich, edge - michigan i suppose this is a bit of a reach, but i think he's going to be good.​
4a - max scharping, ot - northern illinois a green bay native with all the tools. i think you can plug him in at right tackle as a rookie.​
4b - oshane ximines, edge - old dominion double-dipping with a small school prospect​
5 - bryce love, rb - stanford platoon him with aaron jones. he's an explosive runner, who is intelligent, high character, plays through pain.​
6a - sheldrick redwine, s - miami double-dipping with a safety that is fast and can cover, but also is a tackler who can play in the box.​
6b - ryan finley, qb - n.c. state a bit of a project, but he has the size, a good arm, and very accurate (threw 339 passes without an int).​
7 - hunter renfrow, wr - clemson a slot receiver who is reliable, sure-handed, runs highly focused routes with an ability to handle contested catches.​
okay, that's it for now. feel free to critique.​

Last edited:
A number of players I really like in this mock. I disagree a bit on some of the rounds, but as usual "who knows". There are guys who rise and fall on draft day regularly enough where I'm not surprised by much.

Personally for me, Fant at #12 is too high, but then I'm not a fan of any of them at #12. #30 seems like a value spot and I'd be pretty happy with any of the top 3 - Hock, Fant or Smith there. Highly doubt Hock makes it there but I suspect one of the other 2 might be choices.

Thornhill at #30 could certainly happen and I'd be OK with the Pack taking him, but I like him better at #44 because I think the numbers will work out that one of the top-4 safeties will be there at that point (Gardner-Johnson, Adderly, Thornhill, Thompson), and all have the versatility to play some slot coverage and deep safety.

I think Renfro goes before Rd7. He showed decent speed at the combine, had an outstanding 3-cone, was a good overall athlete, and has shown production in a tough conference and on big stages. I think someone take a shot at him a round or two earlier than this.

Lastly, while I like Bryce Love the player, I'm not so high on him for the Packers. My issue is with durability. He's clearly a tough guy who will play nicked up, but he's just nicked up enough where it's a concern given that we already have a guy in Jones who seems like he's prone to injury. I'd like to see a more durable guy.

i share your concerns with love. i may be overly optimistic that platooning him with jones might help both of them. thanks for the feedback.

Back