Official Week 5 Green Bay vs Detroit Thread

Packers rely on running game and lot of use of their TE's

Packers win this one 27 to 20

It's another game that depends on how MM and his staff call it. Detroit is awful against the run. Can MM and Aaron stop passing long enough to gash the Lions defense ? Will MP try to blitz a vet QB or will they try to play it safe like they did in Washington and get chewed up ? My guess is that GB sneaks out with a 3 point win late but this one could go a lot of ways for us.

It's another game that depends on how MM and his staff call it. Detroit is awful against the run. Can MM and Aaron stop passing long enough to gash the Lions defense ? Will MP try to blitz a vet QB or will they try to play it safe like they did in Washington and get chewed up ? My guess is that GB sneaks out with a 3 point win late but this one could go a lot of ways for us.

If Packers top 3 WR's are out they better run as you won't win passing with MVS, Moore, and St. Brown and Yancey as your WR's

Last I heard Geronimo and Cobb are out, Graham and Adams are in.

Time for Graham to earn that hefty salary. I imagine DET locks down Adams and makes GB beat them with Graham and those WR who can't catch or run routes.

Detroit stinks... played over their heads vs NE. Packers 31 Lions 17 detsux)

Packers promote Tyler Lancaster, cut Darius Jackson
Posted by Charean Williams on October 6, 2018, 8:14 PM EDT

The Packers elevated defensive lineman Tyler Lancaster to the active roster from the practice squad. They cut running back Darius Jackson in a corresponding move.
Lancaster originally signed with the Packers out of Northwestern on May 4.
After being waived Sept 2, Lancaster joined Green Bay’s practice squad on Sept. 3.
He played in 40 games over four seasons, starting the final 39. He made honorable mention All-Big Ten after setting career highs in tackles (40), tackles for a loss (9.5) and sacks (two).
Jackson, a sixth-round pick of the Cowboys in 2016, played two games this season. Those were the first two appearances of his career.
He played 20 special teams snaps.

The biggest thing we could do wrong as fans is to believe the Packers are actually that much better than the Lions, with all our injuries. The fact is, it's a road game for us, and our receiving corp is so banged up that about half of our passing options are already thrown out the window because of personnel packages to execute certain plays.

It remains to be seen if we can actually mount a solid passing attack with what's left, and if the O-Line can keep Rodgers from being pummeled. As for our running game, I don't have that much faith in it because McCarthy hasn't shown that he really intends to use Jones as much as he should.

Whatever happened to the RBs who could play over 30 plays on the field without being considered so tired they can't play effectively? Is it a reality or is this another mistaken belief by coaches that is diminishing the game?

I may have picked this differently earlier, but with all the injuries, etc.... Here's my pick.

Lions 27 Packers 20

Have not seen such a flat team in long long time. If Packers come out play flat like this in any game will struggle to win.

Back