Official Week 15 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

27-16 Chicago. Offense last week was boosted by a mediocre, at best, Atlanta defense. The Bears are a whole different animal. Bears have a much better pass rush and a better secondary. The only reason it won't be a bigger blow-out is that the Bears offense is not all that good. The game will be close early but eventually they wear the Pack down and put up a couple of TDs in the 4th quarter against a gassed defense.

Bears will be up for this game because I think Bears win they officially win the division.

We know McCarthy would refuse to give Jason Spriggs help against Mack until he'd already clobbered Rodgers a couple times. I'm interested to see if Philbin does away with all pretense and just does some max protect stuff from the start.

Chicago remembers game 1 this year and sends a message.

Bears 31
Packers 10

They remember Rodgers comments from 2 weeks ago as well!

Hicks remembers Rodgers

Two weeks ago, Aaron Rodgers ran down the Green Bay Packers' potential path to the playoffs, noting that over the course of the final five weeks his team would need to " go to Chicago, a place we've won a number of times, beat them."
Rodgers' aside -- "a place we've won a number of times" -- stuck in the craw of Bears defensive lineman Akiem Hicks. The pulverizing defensive lineman told 670 The Score on Tuesday he's looking forward to Sunday's matchup with the Packers.
"Nobody forgot Aaron's little comments after they lost that big game (against the Vikings on Nov. 25) where he said, 'All we got to do is win out, and go to Soldier Field and win like we've done a bunch in the past,'" Hicks said. "I'm real excited for Aaron to come down here and play this game."

Banged up Packer offensive line.... Bears still worried about playoff seeding... Rogers is going to get sacked 6-7 times.

Well Rodgers is not wrong Packers have won 8 games in a row in Chicago. Hell I don't think there is a player on the Bears that is there the last time they beat the Packers in Chicago.

No, Rodgers wasn’t wrong with the comment. But the context doesn’t match. This isn’t the same Bears team as in the past, and certainly isn’t the same Packers team that has won there 8 times before.

I suppose I should offer a score. I figure the Packers are going to get blown out.

Bears 34 Packers 13

iu

Back