Official UDFA Thread

i don't know about that. we've had some pretty good success with udfa over the past several years. there always seems to be at least a few guys that we could root for during training camp and a couple that actually make the final 53.

guys like sam shields, lane taylor, evan deithrich-smith, atari bigby, ladarius gunter, joe thomas, geronimo allison, kentrel brice, don barclay, jayrone elliott, justin perillo, chris banjo, mike pennel, josh hawkins. these guys and more have come to us through udfa.

but i just don't see that kind of quality this year. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sometimes it probably comes down to what those guys see as their options.

You won't get RBs because you just drafted 3.
You won't get WR because you were already full and drafted 2 more.
You won't get many DBs because you drafted a couple.
They did get a couple of OL guys because there is a perception of an opportunity Pankey might be OK and I had read a little on Gray that makes me think he's got a shot.

With a big draft group this year, I suppose a smaller, less exciting group of UDFAs isn't a total surprise. Gotta agree, this isn't much of a group in terms of name recognition. Not like the last couple of years.

Possible this year with a weak UDFA class that none of the 16 UDFA make the club this year.

Sometimes it probably comes down to what those guys see as their options.

i agree with that. and i wonder if maybe the perception (outside this forum of course) is that the packers are already pretty much set roster-wise and have enough depth that they don't really stand a chance of catching on here.

Geoff Gray is nice looking prospect on tape.... I would put him on the PS and let him develop.

Video >

He has to learn to get lower. Right now he plays way to upright.

He 'finishes'. sometimes that's the hardest thing to learn.

Only one LB on the UDFA list. disappointing.

He 'finishes'. sometimes that's the hardest thing to learn.

Only one LB on the UDFA list. disappointing.

well, there's two. one is a de/olb and the other is from a d3 school. the de/olb might actually make the practice squad.

Back