Official Preseason Game 3 Green Bay vs Buffalo Thread

Love is just going out there to loosen up. He's not going to do anything of value. Might only be one series. They just want him to feel the field in game conditions. It might be the last time he does for a while.
ML has said Love will play at least a half if not into the 3rd.

For the first time since 1987, the Packers finish the preseason without a win.

The Packers averaged 7.0 PPG in the preseason, the least in a single preseason since 1980 (3.4 PPG).

Mason Crosby punted in game because he said he always wanted to punt in a NFL game.

Bad headline ....they meant 1 series. Chiefs starters played a bunch last night vs Vikings and looked really good. I am not a fan of sitting starters through the whole preseason.
I agree with you

I'm sure the coaches got something out of the past 3 hours and a few players did play well, but they were guys who I expected to make the squad. The rest was just a bunch of guys running around getting nothing accomplished.

Now, part of that was their 1's playing our 2's and their 2's playing our 3's. Either way though you'd like to see some better execution. Every promising drive on offense and defense was derailed by foolish mental mistakes or guys not executing their job.

I think part of the reason the back-up units look so disjointed these days is that camp and the practice time is so much shorter and there's a lot more mix and match going on in camp. In the old days there were opportunities for those guys to get their act together. Now, it's just 11 guys running around doing their thing with no hint of playing as a unit.

I laughed late in game when Harlen and Lofton said that these two teams are so good that many other bad teams will look at their castoffs. Sorry no one will be wanting GB's catoffs it's clear to watch in pre-season how bad they were.

Looking out at the big picture, I think the only noteworthy take aways were from the OL.

1. They found a player in Royce Newman to sit in that RG spot and hold the fort while still having room to develop. Start the season with Jenkins/Patrick/Myers/Newman/Turner, then when DBak comes back Patrick goes to the bench and Jenkins moves to LG. Least amount of disruption, and arguably that's your top 5/6 OL. Newman/Myers were getting good push consistently against the starting DL for a good team, that bodes very well for them. Reminds me of TJ Lang in there - he's not the stud that Sitton or Jenkins were but kinda just fits right in.

2. Myers mostly looks the part but I don't like the low snaps. He's been doing it all camp and Rodgers isn't gonna have patience for that if it continues. Keep an eye on it.

Bonus takeaway: 3. Kylin Hill is a legit 3rd back who can step in and be productive in a variety of ways if needed, which seems likely given Jones' history.

That's it, preseason over.

Looking out at the big picture, I think the only noteworthy take aways were from the OL.

1. They found a player in Royce Newman to sit in that RG spot and hold the fort while still having room to develop. Start the season with Jenkins/Patrick/Myers/Newman/Turner, then when DBak comes back Patrick goes to the bench and Jenkins moves to LG. Least amount of disruption, and arguably that's your top 5/6 OL. Newman/Myers were getting good push consistently against the starting DL for a good team, that bodes very well for them. Reminds me of TJ Lang in there - he's not the stud that Sitton or Jenkins were but kinda just fits right in.

2. Myers mostly looks the part but I don't like the low snaps. He's been doing it all camp and Rodgers isn't gonna have patience for that if it continues. Keep an eye on it.

Bonus takeaway: 3. Kylin Hill is a legit 3rd back who can step in and be productive in a variety of ways if needed, which seems likely given Jones' history.

That's it, preseason over.
I like Runyan still better then Patrick. He's a guy I think is questionable to keep on roster.

I like Runyan still better then Patrick. He's a guy I think is questionable to keep on roster.
Patrick was playing ahead of Runyan I think, and seeing that Hanson is a disaster waiting to happen, Patrick can snap the ball too in a pinch.

Right now got to figure Bak is on PUP. So I am going with right now to make roster Jenkins, Turner, Myers, Runyan, Newman, Braden, Kelly, and go with Patrick for a 8th because there is no one better after that. Packers could look to cuts to add a 9th OL.

Back