Official Packers Off Season Pre-Draft Thread

Tom S reporting that Ryan Downard is a possible replacement for departed DB coach Jason Simmons. Haven’t heard any other serious names connected with the job.

Tom S reporting that Ryan Downard is a possible replacement for departed DB coach Jason Simmons. Haven’t heard any other serious names connected with the job.

This is a Pettine guy spent 2 years as an assistant with Browns in his time there then hired in GB when Pettine was hired as DC. Don't need another Pettine stooge on the staff.

Agree would be weak to not get a veteran guy for the job. We will see.

IMHO the reason GB has so little to show for how many high picks it's invested in Defense is this whole dumb "he's a player". I dont give a crap if he was a player in college. GB has had very little success converting guys to play differently. Find a guy who fits and pick him or sign him in FA.

Past 8 drafts, 1st round picks were defense. 2011, 2010 were then OL and after that I just stopped recording the defensive picks. TT and Sherman tenure continued to see defense taken in round 1. It's staggering to see the attention given to the defense over the years

IMHO the reason GB has so little to show for how many high picks it's invested in Defense is this whole dumb "he's a player". I dont give a crap if he was a player in college. GB has had very little success converting guys to play differently. Find a guy who fits and pick him or sign him in FA.
Ted was horrible about this Ted said he drafted players and was up to the coaches to figure out how to use them. Ted always saw that the guy might be a great ahlete but he was putting a round peg into a square whole when it came to the scheme.

Back