Official Green Bay vs Denver Thread

I am hopeful that our OL can do well against the pass rush. The Rams' defense was playing pretty well and they handled them...course the game was at Lambeau so I don't know what affect having the game in Denver will do.

I predict Crosby has a big day 23-20. Crosby hitting 3 FGs a couple long ones in the thin denver air FTW. Might be tough to move on this D so might not be able to get into the redzone much and with crosby's big leg MM opts to hit some 40-50+ yarders.

Ok so this is my take.

Offense:

1) Run the football! Even if you are not averaging 4 yards per carry, stick with it to combat Denver's pass rush.
2) AR needs to get the pall out of his hands quickly! WR screens, RB screens (if needed), crossing routes, and check downs
3) Get AR out of the pocket. AR gets big plays when he can move. Let's call some plays where he can utilize his feet.
4) Get Adams involved early! If he can make a few plays, it could open up some things for Cobb and the other WR's
5) No TO's! Denver has thrived on TO's this season. It is the only reason they are unbeaten.

Defense:

1) Stuff the run! If we stop the run, Manning will struggle. He cannot carry a team anymore from what I have seen this season.
2) Pressure up the middle! If we get pressure up the middle, Manning will have to move. Clay, Peppers, Neal, Elliot, and Perry will have a field day.
3) Jump routes! Manning's arm is not as strong as it used to be. We can and will get some INT's, if we anticipate.

I feel good about this game. I know it is in Denver; however, I like our defense matching up with Denver's offense, I like our ST's advantage against Denver, and as long we are balanced on offense (we have been all year), I like the match up for our offense as well. The Packers normally do not turn the ball over (knock on wood) so it will also make it tougher on the Denver defense. Lastly, the Denver defense has not played very good QB's all year. The best they have played are Flacco (first game of the year) and Stafford (Inconsistent) Hopefully, AR shows them what's up. thumbsup

20-13 Packers cheesehead)

After what felt like an eternity, the Packers bye week has finally come to an end, and we’re now just two days away from seeing Rodgers and Co. return to the field as they take on the Broncos in Denver.

Thankfully, it seems the Packers have used this extra time to get healthy. BJ Raji, Morgan Burnett, Davante Adams, James Starks and Ty Montgomery have all returned to practice and appear likely to play this weekend.

There are questions to be answered for both teams, but they both enter play this week at a perfect 6-0. Let’s get right down to it and break down this highly anticipated matchup.

Green Bay Offense vs Denver Defense

The Packers offense has seen its share of struggles lately. With injuries to some key players, they found themselves thin at wide receiver, tight end and offensive line. After the bye week, it looks like most of the offense is healthy, which would be a huge boost for Aaron Rodgers. With the exception of tight end Andrew Quarless and, of course, receiver Jordy Nelson, they appear to be at 100%.

The wildcard in this matchup is Eddie Lacy. He’s had a rough start to the season, struggling to stay healthy and find a rhythm. If he’s able to get into a groove, it could open things up for a great passing attack.

Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done when you’re up against the league’s best defense. They’re ranked #1 in total defense, passing yards allowed, and sacks. And they rank fourth in rushing yards allowed. On paper, there’s no way to exploit this group.

Rodgers will have to use every trick in the book to evade pressure and keep from being sacked. Having DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller running at you from both sides all day will definitely take a toll on Rodgers, so he’ll have to be creative and find ways to keep them from dictating this game.

Green Bay Defense vs Denver Offense

What’s going on with Peyton Manning? His team is 6-0 but he has struggled mightily, throwing only 7 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. The last time Manning threw more interceptions than touchdowns in a season was 1998, his rookie year. It feels strange to say that a Manning-led offense is ranked 29th in the NFL right now, but that’s the reality we live in.

Now, he can’t be blamed for all of the offensive struggles. The list of quarterbacks that could perform with an offensive line this bad is pretty short. Manning has been sacked 12 times and hit 30 times in only 6 games. The line has also struggled to open lanes for the running game, which averages only 3.6 yards per carry.

There are reasons to believe this offense can turn things around, though. The two biggest reasons are Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, their top two receivers. Thomas is a big, physical receiver who is lethal in the red zone, and Sanders is a quick, sure-handed player who provides a legitimate deep threat. After the way Keenan Allen ripped the Packers secondary apart two weeks ago, expect the Broncos to use Sanders in a similar fashion.

The Packers defense has a very real chance at a huge game on Sunday night. One of the best pass rushes in the NFL goes up against one of the worst offensive lines, and a quarterback with no scrambling ability. They should be able to muster up a few sacks and even more pressures and QB hits. Manning, when under pressure, is likely to throw up some questionable balls, and probably a few interceptions against an opportunistic secondary.

It’s also definitely worth mentioning that the Packers defense has allowed fewer points per game than any defense in the NFL. Sunday night, they line up across from an offense that has struggled to put points on the board. They have to be excited about this matchup.

Prediction

I’d be shocked if this wound up being a high-scoring affair. The Packers have the far better offense, but the Broncos have a far better defense. Expect to see a few turnovers, and a lot of quarterbacks getting hit or running away from danger.

In the end, the Packers have a slight advantage in this game, as the more balanced team. They’ll win 17-10.

Continue reading...

I am hopeful that our OL can do well against the pass rush. The Rams' defense was playing pretty well and they handled them...course the game was at Lambeau so I don't know what affect having the game in Denver will do.

It just means that all the people in Green Bay will have to shout much, much louder this week - extremely loud.

It will be interesting to see how many green shirts will be in the stands in Denver tomorrow night.

Denver — The significance of a healing Davante Adams became even more important for the Green Bay Packers on Saturday as the availability of another receiver grows slimmer.

Continue reading...

both teams have played against equally bad opponents. the broncos opponents have a combined record of 13-27, while the packers foes are 14-26. both teams defenses have allowed almost exactly the same number of points - the packers have allowed 101 points and the broncos have allowed 102. i think the difference is going to come down to aaron rodgers (as usual). rodgers has a terrible record on the road against top five defenses. and let's face it - he has not looked like his usual superhuman self this season. many of the fantasy football "experts" are advising that this might be a good week to bench rodgers if you have a decent replacement. hopefully rodgers comes out of this bye looking to prove his doubters wrong.

Back