Official Game 16 Green Bay vs Cleveland Thread

I think Cleveland will make a game of this. They desperately need a win. Another loss this week and their playoff hopes move to life support. I expect their defense to show up and challenge the Packers offense.

To me, the key to this game is our defense. We have to play better over 60 minutes than we have in recent weeks. The Browns offense is mediocre, but they have a coach who knows the Packers well and have a run game that must be stopped.

Assuming most players are back for the Browns, and we don't lose more than MVS, this feels like a 24-17 kind of game where the Packers get a TD late and fend off a Browns last ditch effort.
^Agreed. Good run game, good D.

They'll play it tough and have that puncher's chance to win.

Packers can't throw their jocks on the field and win.

It'd really good to get Clark back on the field.

Special teams needs to improve significantly or it's going to cost the team a game at some point, and it could be this one. Almost any team but the Bears beats them in that game with the miscues they made. Defense needs to be better than last week, though lack of contain isn't likely to hurt them as much this week as last (almost cost them the game last week). Better coached, better executed, and the offense needs to commit to the run game as they have most games this year, enough to open up the passing game. I don't want any back with a ton of carries, but they have enough good backs that they can commit to running the ball without putting too much burden on any one back.. the length of this season IMO means better load management on the RB's is necessary, and for the Pack to win in the playoffs, they need their backs healthy.

Special teams needs to improve significantly or it's going to cost the team a game at some point, and it could be this one. Almost any team but the Bears beats them in that game with the miscues they made. Defense needs to be better than last week, though lack of contain isn't likely to hurt them as much this week as last (almost cost them the game last week). Better coached, better executed, and the offense needs to commit to the run game as they have most games this year, enough to open up the passing game. I don't want any back with a ton of carries, but they have enough good backs that they can commit to running the ball without putting too much burden on any one back.. the length of this season IMO means better load management on the RB's is necessary, and for the Pack to win in the playoffs, they need their backs healthy.
Jones has been nursing a sore knee lately. I’d say start him, but if Dillon is rolling, save Jones and use Taylor to spell Dillon. Let him get some game time in case he’s needed later or in the playoffs. Keeping Jones healthy and fresh is priority 1 going into the post-season, IMO.

Jones has been nursing a sore knee lately. I’d say start him, but if Dillon is rolling, save Jones and use Taylor to spell Dillon. Let him get some game time in case he’s needed later or in the playoffs. Keeping Jones healthy and fresh is priority 1 going into the post-season, IMO.
agree 100%.. Need Jones. I love Dillon, and the "Thunder and Lightning" combo he creates, but Jones is critical IMO.. in fact I don't know that I'd give Jones many carries now at all.. give him a handful of carries this week and next, and then get going the last week heading into the postseason.. trouble is, he's a back that seems to need to find his rhythm at times, and a hand full of carries may not do much for him..

If Sullivan can field punts, I don't mind Amari on kickoffs. I liked how he ran on that long kickoff return that was called back.

To me, the key to this game is our defense. We have to play better over 60 minutes than we have in recent weeks. The Browns offense is mediocre, but they have a coach who knows the Packers well and have a run game that must be stopped.
Bingo. This hits the nail on the head and the Packers better be ready for this. That HC on the other side will have a game plan to make this game close. I don't want it to be close. Would love to see this team firing on all cylinders and blow them out, but the ST's have been everything short of special and the defense feels like it's reeling a bit. I can see this being a 3 or 7 point type of win.

Bingo. This hits the nail on the head and the Packers better be ready for this. That HC on the other side will have a game plan to make this game close. I don't want it to be close. Would love to see this team firing on all cylinders and blow them out, but the ST's have been everything short of special and the defense feels like it's reeling a bit. I can see this being a 3 or 7 point type of win.
Having Kenny Clark back hopefully helps the defensive performance.
He IS the stick that stirs the drink for the defense.

Back