Official 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
It will be a late start but we ARE playing FB this season. Make no bones about it won't be the same and all the conventional thoughts are out the window. The extra-large rosters will somewhat kill the injury factor.... however, if your best players get Covid and have to sit out two weeks ??

Lot's to talk about here. We will try to post the daily camp stuff as much as possible.

however, if your best players get Covid and have to sit out two weeks ??

this is what i don't get. it seems like if one starting player got the covid and played in a game before he was diagnosed, that conceivably every player who played in that game could be either directly or indirectly exposed by the end of the game. not likely, but it could happen. there's a lot of sweat and contact in football.

this is what i don't get. it seems like if one starting player got the covid and played in a game before he was diagnosed, that conceivably every player who played in that game could be either directly or indirectly exposed by the end of the game. not likely, but it could happen. there's a lot of sweat and contact in football.
The protocols are a little mixed..... all our local HS FB teams have been at it for 6 weeks and added helmets 10 days ago in the heat. All total about 425 kids plus staff... so far after two sets of full testing we have had zero cases... so sh)) not sure there are any knowns and how it will go down. This is a completely different season of FB.

Not sure how they confirm cases. The "virus test" only identfies the Corona family of viruses generally, including 80 different types of common cold.

I like the idea of screening for fevers. That's what they are doing in hospitals right now.

Interesting if you do get a postive test for COVID in NFL you will go on the commish exempt list so you could be out for only 1 week or however long it takes to get cleared. I think the fear is they don't want to set a base time you have to be out so if after 2 weeks you are clear you can play but if you need a extra week you stay on the list.

except everything they have been saying is that it's NOT transmitted directly via sweat - the way you get infected is if you get enough particles in your mouth, nose, or eyes . . and the infected person transmits it via coughing, sneezing, or prolonged exposure in a confined area. Not saying it can't get into sweat at some point . . . .

Not sure how they confirm cases. The "virus test" only identfies the Corona family of viruses generally, including 80 different types of common cold.

i have no desire to start an argument with you. but you are spreading false information that has been scientifically debunked. the claim that you make was started by an anonymous post back in march. you really should at least take the time to read this article: https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...ontrary-to-claims-in-viral-article-and-video/

i have no desire to start an argument with you. but you are spreading false information that has been scientifically debunked. the claim that you make was started by an anonymous post back in march. you really should at least take the time to read this article: https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...ontrary-to-claims-in-viral-article-and-video/
Your source of information is misleading.

There is a secondary virus test which is often used to confirm the one that is commonly used. However, that confirmatory test is unreliable, because of rapidity of mutation.

If it was reliable, they would use it as a primary test.

Your source of information is misleading.

There is a secondary virus test which is often used to confirm the one that is commonly used. However, that confirmatory test is unreliable, because of rapidity of mutation.

If it was reliable, they would use it as a primary test.

like i said, i'm not going to argue. i just think people should read both sides of the debate and make up their own minds.

Back