Official 2019 Week 17 Green Bay vs Detroit Thread

Sounds like ML saying Williams will be held out of game to allow him to heal. Guess Dexter Williams will get to be active.

not necessarily. they'll have tyler ervin.

Yeah I think it's very likely it's Jones and Ervin with the bulk of the carries this game. I know you need to let guys play but I shudder to think of Dexter Williams carrying the ball in a close game.

Yeah I think it's very likely it's Jones and Ervin with the bulk of the carries this game. I know you need to let guys play but I shudder to think of Dexter Williams carrying the ball in a close game.
you have to wonder just how bad dw is. he's been a healthy scratch most of the season.

I keep asking myself the same question on Dexter. If he's that bad, why keep him? He's not a big hit on the cap if they let him go. The only thing I can think of is that he's talented, but just too dense to figure out what his role is in the plays. I hate to admit it, but I met players that I just couldn't get through to, because they were too dense to put the pieces to the puzzle together. All they could see was their specific role in a play, not how it fit into the big picture.

I keep asking myself the same question on Dexter. If he's that bad, why keep him? He's not a big hit on the cap if they let him go. The only thing I can think of is that he's talented, but just too dense to figure out what his role is in the plays. I hate to admit it, but I met players that I just couldn't get through to, because they were too dense to put the pieces to the puzzle together. All they could see was their specific role in a play, not how it fit into the big picture.
Issues with pass pro has been reported. Not assignment sure

I've heard it's maturity. Needs to become a pro.

If they don't get him some snaps, that's a bad sign. If he gets snaps and whiffs in pass pro, that's a bad sign. If he doesn't know where to line up or runs the wrong way, that's bad.

I like his skills though.

I've heard it's maturity. Needs to become a pro.

If they don't get him some snaps, that's a bad sign. If he gets snaps and whiffs in pass pro, that's a bad sign. If he doesn't know where to line up or runs the wrong way, that's bad.

I like his skills though.
What skills? Where has he shown them? Not the first time I have asked this. Heard from who? He’s a 6th round pick who never had a 1,000 yd season in college.

Not all players have built in "what if" machines. They don't understand how their role can differ in a specific play, when defenses do specific things. It's why the best RBs are not always the fastest, but those who know how to gauge their blockers, and defenses, constantly recalculating their actions to meet what they see is "about to occur," not necessarily what "has occurred."

Just go for the win? Keep everyone healthy? Or should we make a special effort to get AJ another TD?

Back