Official 2016 Week 7 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Classic trap game. CHI has lost to HOU (4-2), PHI when they were hot (3-2), DAL (5-1) down in TX and btw way scored more points against Dallas away than GB did at home, IND (2-4), and JAX (2-3)... Now the last two losses aren't good. But overall that's a tough schedule for a team in rebuild. Especially on defense.

And against that schedule CHI is 4th in passing yards, 23rd rushing yards, and 7th in total yards per game. Those numbers for GB are 25th, 16th, and 25th.... CHI is moving the ball. They just haven't found a way to score consistently.

CHI is a mess. But GB doesn't exactly have the high ground to be cocky right now.

Packers should win this by multiple scores. But this is 2016 and things seem to be different. This team could easily come in and upset GB. I'm not sure there is anyone healthy enough to handle Jeffrey who seems to be healthy (not on injury report I don't think). And their RB have the potential to gain some yards.

It will be much closer than people think. 21-17 GB wins. But it will be very ugly.

Classic trap game.

I don't see it as a trap game. I see it as 'both teams just trying to get through it' game.

That sounds about right for TNF lately. Boring. Most of the conversation seems to focus on the CR uniforms. *yawn*

So now, there's no Lacy. No Starks. Knile Davis with two days of preparation. Hopefully he can run straight down the field on ST and do??? something. Or maybe he'll return the ball. Unfortunately if he does, I'll probably think it's the other Davis for a few seconds until I see the '30'.

KUHNNNN! (I miss you)

It would be nice to think that perhaps there might be clever plays utilizing Monte and Cobb, but that won't happen. I hope they both live through it. zipped

Our secondary is injured and just crap right now. I know hindsight is 20/20, and I'm happy that Hayward and even House are playing so well on their new teams........but........

And what is this Linsley thing? He's back on the practice field? Okay. He looked rather freaked out in his interview.

My now-paranoid and non-trusting self wants to know why. Is Bulaga worse than we've been told? They have 3 weeks to activate Linsley now, right? Or was he moved off IR because Shields was put on it? I seriously don't know. I don't know how many men are allowed on IR at any given time.

Jackson is apparently being upgraded? Okay.

And color me less than impressed when the media asked MM about Davis and he said, "Who?".

Reporter: The RB you signed
MM: looks pissed off that they knew

Tried to sell it that Lacy was quite 'sore'. Stammered and stuttered through the rest of the interview.

Oh, a score? Okay. Maybe Crosby has 3, Rodgers lucks into one......so 16-13 Pack. gopackgo

And yes, I'm still pissed off.

Last edited:
Veyy frustrating....All of these serious injuries every year and giving MM an excuse to keep him around when he should have been gone after the collapse.

Our RBs are down to zero and trading for a player that never returned to form since serious injury in college and lost on his former team's depth chart.

Our secondary toted as the strength of the team has its best corner on IR, lost serious depth over last couple of years, saw TT spend first 2 picks on players that had draft guys scratching their heads. In the case of the second Rd pick is a guy with little experience at corner while passing over other players that would have improved other areas on the team. Now both if those players might be out hurt leaving the Corner position weak with Street free agents.

Add this in with the problems in our passing game and don't hold out much hope for a win in this game. Hate to say it, but w/o Cutler at QB wouldn't surprise me to see the Bears win this one.

And what is this Linsley thing? He's back on the practice field?

Linsley is coming off the PUP list, and according to the radio yesterday looked good amd he says he feels ready to go.

And there's not a limit on the # of guys you can put on IR, just a limit on how many can come off before season's end (which is 1 (which I think needs to be tweaked more)).

Thanks, CC!

Why is it when I'm in full on bitch/typing mode I forget about the difference between PUP and IR? egg(

But I still wonder about the roster numbers and why this? Or that? NOW?

I knew Linsley was on PUP, but what are the rules for PUP? Do they have to put him back on the roster and if not do they have to cut him? Can they move him to I.R. from PUP?

If they can't IR him then I suspect they bring him back and dump either Barclay or Murphy though my bet is on Barclay. They need to keep Linsley in case Tretter walks after the season.

Most of me doubts Shields comes back this year, but who knows. There may not be much point if they aren't in the playoff hunt those last 2 weeks. They could be 8-6 or 7-7 by week 15 and out of the playoff picture.

I think we beat the Bears in a close game 23-20.

38-17 Packers

The Defense plays well as can be expected with a depleted backfield. The offense with Rodgers turns it on and plays lights out in an impressive aerial display!

- Sunshine Oak

Following that performance the Packers head to Atlanta where they are soundly beat by a red-hot Matty Ice and Julio Jones against a still-ailing Packers defense.

- Shady Oak

(Just keeping it in perspective!)

Packers 24 Bears 13 all the injuries etc won't make it pretty but Chicago doesn't have enough gas in the tank to beat GB.

This basically is do or die. Lose to the Bears... and they finish under .500 ... I wouldn't have a doubt.
Injuries are numerous. Short week. That scares me.

This team has so many things going on in their head... it's all mental... and it can't be good.
The Cutler is probably a blessing. Hoyer is a better QB. Don't think the Bears running game is good at all. Hopefully can re-establish that dominating front. But Miller and the WRs are going to get there's. I can see every outcome as a possibility.
So... here it is...

Bears... 20
Packers... 23

Rodgers to Nelson with under 1 minute to go... to win it.

I have to disagree with some people here.

Bears are 10th in passing and bad running the football. Unless we get pressure, the Bears should pass all day. With our secondary the way it is that is not looking good.

On defense, Bears are solid against the pass not so good against the run. Not a game AR will break out of slump. Run the football kind of game. Problem is we have no RBs. Yes, we picked up Davis but will we even use him? Lacy is gimpy. Not good options for success.

I think we slump even lower this week into the abyss.

23-17 Bears

Interesting take CB. I'm not placing a score with my prediction but I think the Packers win. I don't know why I think they'll win other than I just can't pick against them against the Bears.

Last edited:
Back