Official 2016 Summer Olympics Thread

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Usain Bolt is not human. He just makes it look so effortless.

The 400m final was phenomenal! Congrats to the kid from South Africa, what a race!

57packer

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
I get sucked in by Bolt almost every time. He starts slow and you think - "he's not gonna come back this time" and then every single time there is that late speed and he just blows past the field in the last 30 yards. Best sprinter ever.

eyecatcher

Best sprinter ever but he is taking 2 steps less than the field based on his height so he is also a freak of nature

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Showed my 4 year old Wayde van Niekerk's WR 400 m run, and I still can't believe it. 43.03? He'd have been sub 43 if his eyelashes were just a smidge longer.

It's more impressive when you factor his outside starting position (where I happened to win a lot of races from (because I didn't like running hard in prelims)).

Cheesedog

Womens gold medal soccer game will not include either USA or Brazil.. That's crazy... But makes it fun to watch...

Cheesedog

Abbey D'agostino got tripped up by a competitor in the womens 5000m race. Got up hobbled, and ran the last mile to finish.. On a torn ACL, Meniscus, and MCL... holy crap

TW

That's sheer determination. I hope she didn't cause further damage.