No NCAA women's hockey team had bigger home crowds than Wisconsin but its numbers slipped

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The percentage of no-shows for Badgers women's hockey games in 2021-22 was higher than it had ever been since LaBahn Arena opened. Explore the data here.

Continue reading...

The men dipping is understandable, the product has not been good.

Now I am wondering about overall attendance at UW sporting events, relative to other B1G schools, and what, if any, effect Dane County's/Madison's/UW's covid protocols might have played in addition to people perhaps still reluctant to venture into crowded events.

The men dipping is understandable, the product has not been good.

Now I am wondering about overall attendance at UW sporting events, relative to other B1G schools, and what, if any, effect Dane County's/Madison's/UW's covid protocols might have played in addition to people perhaps still reluctant to venture into crowded events.
I can speak a bit to football attendance. Just looking at 2021 , NCAA attendance was down for 7th straight season & 9 out of last 10. SEC lowest since 1999 (basically flat) ACC lowest in more than 30 years (-11%) . B1G was flat like up .1 % Big 12 -4.3%, PAC 12 -4.8%.

So it’s basically a national trend. In game stadium experience is not the best, cheaper to watch at home.

Back