No Extension Forthcoming for Clark

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
kenny_clark-5e3473e6aa40260001a41515_1_jan_31_2020_18_50_13_poster.jpg

Indianapolis acquired DeForest Buckner and gave him a contract worth a reported $21 million per season.

Continue reading...

I always figured his extension would happen sometime around training camp.
Other moves need to happen to fit him under the cap.
(Release Taylor, extend Bakhtiari, release/restructure Linsley, etc.)

Clark will be paid at somepoint GB won't let him go

With the money being thrown around at interior DL, is it possible that Clark’s best value to GB is now in a trade? We could probably get a haul for him

With the money being thrown around at interior DL, is it possible that Clark’s best value to GB is now in a trade? We could probably get a haul for him
Nah he is a guy you build around on DL. Only crappy teams or teams with idiot owners/GMs trade their best guys. You pay Clark. I rather pay clark then get a 1st round pick back maybe less.

Be interesting to see how they do his deal. He already counts almost $8mil so they can probably find a way to structure his deal to keep this year's cap hit manageable. The money does come due at some point so the hope would be a big increase in the CAP in the coming years.

Be interesting to see how they do his deal. He already counts almost $8mil so they can probably find a way to structure his deal to keep this year's cap hit manageable. The money does come due at some point so the hope would be a big increase in the CAP in the coming years.
You look at a lot of the free agent signings around the league and you get the impression that a lot of teams are making these deals hoping the cap jumps big time in 2021

The structure of a Clark deal plus the possible release of Taylor, after the draft sometime, makes it possible a deal can be done before the regular season starts

They seem reluctant to get rid of Taylor. At this point they may be saving him for a camp trade, or maybe just keeping him as insurance along the OL in case the draft board falls against them and they can't grab an OT when they want. For example, worst case scenario Billy Turner and Rick Wagner are competing for RT, in which case you'd have Lucas Patrick and Lane Taylor fighting for the RG spot. It makes a level of sense to maintain your competition on the OL.

Nah he is a guy you build around on DL. Only crappy teams or teams with idiot owners/GMs trade their best guys. You pay Clark. I rather pay clark then get a 1st round pick back maybe less.

We don't have depth on the DL so we need him in that sense, but if you can trade him for a first rounder and grab that stud ILB or a stud OT or WR, doesn't that balance out the team more? I want to keep Clark but he's not Aaron Donald and he's not Buckner either.

Back