NIL compensation rules clarified, but is NCAA crackdown likely — or even possible?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Eleven months after the NCAA lifted most of its restrictions against athletes cashing in on their fame, college sports leaders are trying to send a warning to schools and boosters it believes have crossed a line: There are still rules…

Continue reading...

Trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. Tell me how this works out.

Trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. Tell me how this works out.
A bit off subject but a point/points to consider

I wound love to see what some of these NIL/collective deals look like form a legal perspective. I’ve heard of multiple deals where the collective controls the kids IP which is candidly malpractice. Is the deal binding if a kid transfers? Is it binding if he is injured? Do the deals contain performance triggers?

How long will the money last? It will at Florida, Texas, Miami , A&M, USC, OSU just do to alumni size and tradition but what about PSU or TCU or Tennessee. If the $$$ don’t produce NY6 bowls or CFP will collectives not as well healed decide it’s not worth the investment. Will Joe Money look at 8-3 season and the Outback Bowl a good investment

Push pull for major boosters. At some point the schools will be ringing the bell to invest in facilities, buyouts, coach pay. I’ve heard from multiple boosters in the SEC & ACC that’s a very uncomfortable conversation already. Especially at basketball schools like UNC, Kansas and even Florida which historically invests in hoops. If your a booster at Indiana or Purdue what’s more important. A FF run in hoops or the Chick Fil A Bowl

Going to be some rough sledding for most teams.

Back