Next Badgers Football Coach

As much as I loved the Jimmy Leonhard story - and I did and do, I've always wanted the best for Bucky.

I think we are going to see a lot of transfers - I'm not going to call them defections or criticize the kids who leave for leaving; they're doing what they believe is right for them - but, I seriously don't care if any of them stay. In the 'Look like Tarzan, Fight like Jane' metaphoric world, almost all of them are 'Talk like 'Bama, play like Janesville Craig.' They've cost 2 coaches their jobs on one season through undisciplind and Uninspired play. We're going to be down next year with or without them. I say start fresh without them.

(Any word on what happened with Leonhard? Could he have wanted this year's Offensive Coordinator to stay?)

As much as I loved the Jimmy Leonhard story - and I did and do, I've always wanted the best for Bucky.

I think we are going to see a lot of transfers - I'm not going to call them defections or criticize the kids who leave for leaving; they're doing what they believe is right for them - but, I seriously don't care if any of them stay. In the 'Look like Tarzan, Fight like Jane' metaphoric world, almost all of them are 'Talk like 'Bama, play like Janesville Craig.' They've cost 2 coaches their jobs on one season through undisciplind and Uninspired play. We're going to be down next year with or without them. I say start fresh without them.

(Any word on what happened with Leonhard? Could he have wanted this year's Offensive Coordinator to stay?)
I do care who leaves. Some more than others. I get the portal changes the dynamic but the narrative that next year was going to be down is inaccurate

I do care who leaves. Some more than others. I get the portal changes the dynamic but the narrative that next year was going to be down is inaccurate

I'll just disagree. There are guys on defense I'd rather see stay, but Offense do you really care if these guys stay:

• Mertz? I was more wrong than anybody. Maybe - just maybe a new coaching staff could make him into something, but the kid is snake bit at Wisconsin. Even though he shows sparks, a change could be good for both.
  • Allen? Great kid. Injured most of the year. But, he didn't run like last year and didn't do much in our Big Games
  • The Offensive Line? Take my wife - please!
  • The pass catchers - receivers and tight ends? Eh

All year long people bitched about lack of talent. Why keep them? Some of those guys have allegiances to Chryst and Leonhard, they could be locker room problem guys by not buying in.

I'm not saying boot them off the team. But if they want to leave, let them and wish them well.

I'll just disagree. There are guys on defense I'd rather see stay, but Offense do you really care if these guys stay:

• Mertz? I was more wrong than anybody. Maybe - just maybe a new coaching staff could make him into something, but the kid is snake bit at Wisconsin. Even though he shows sparks, a change could be good for both.
  • Allen? Great kid. Injured most of the year. But, he didn't run like last year and didn't do much in our Big Games
  • The Offensive Line? Take my wife - please!
  • The pass catchers - receivers and tight ends? Eh

All year long people bitched about lack of talent. Why keep them? Some of those guys have allegiances to Chryst and Leonhard, they could be locker room problem guys by not buying in.

I'm not saying boot them off the team. But if they want to leave, let them and wish them well.
The issues were just as much scheme on offense as anything. The OL is relatively young even the 2 deep and Bostad did not get stupid overnight. Joe R did havoc to that group. Based on schedule and roster probably a 7-8 win team but depends on your expectations.

Allen ran the same way last year. He just ran people over. And the “next great Wisconsin back” was border line laughable with taking as a comp to Taylor or Gordon

The issues were just as much scheme on offense as anything. The OL is relatively young even the 2 deep and Bostad did not get stupid overnight. Joe R did havoc to that group. Based on schedule and roster probably a 7-8 win team but depends on your expectations.

Allen ran the same way last year. He just ran people over. And the “next great Wisconsin back” was border line laughable with taking as a comp to Taylor or Gordon
It was a lot more than scheme on offense that's suffered. That's way too simple. Nothing about this year's offense was handled the way it should have been. Even the talent level has gone done significantly, especially on the offensive line.

It was a lot more than scheme on offense that's suffered. That's way too simple. Nothing about this year's offense was handled the way it should have been. Even the talent level has gone done significantly, especially on the offensive line.
And the OL is primarily 4 star kids with a couple of 3 star kids mixed in. So blame evaluation and coaching which is fair. The scheme is flawed when you run a zone scheme and your RB can’t plant and find a cutback lane to save his life. The route combos were bad also. Sure it’s not that simple but you had 4-5 star kids who did not develop or fit also

All the tears on social media about Leonhard not getting the job and how UW stabbed him in the back you could float a boat to take Leonhard back to his house.

And the OL is primarily 4 star kids with a couple of 3 star kids mixed in. So blame evaluation and coaching which is fair. The scheme is flawed when you run a zone scheme and your RB can’t plant and find a cutback lane to save his life. The route combos were bad also. Sure it’s not that simple but you had 4-5 star kids who did not develop or fit also
I thought you looked at it like several others of us, who think the "star" rankings aren't really as perfect a grading system?

I will agree that the coaching sucked. I will also agree that at this point, we do not have a cut back runner coming out of the backfield. I'd also throw in that we are weak at QB, and we don't really know if we have guys at WR and TE who can play, because we don't have someone who is consistent throwing the football.

I would add that the footwork of our offensive line is horrible, and if it was as bad as I've seen, I would have had to work with these kids in HS to even take the field. It tells me they relied on their size to dominate in HS, and the coaching staff is not doing enough to correct the problems.

Just about everything on offense is not up to the caliber needed to put points on the board.

All the tears on social media about Leonhard not getting the job and how UW stabbed him in the back you could float a boat to take Leonhard back to his house.
What happened is that numb nuts from the JSOnline got played into it's Jimmy L. 100% they did that to him on purpose. So there is a group that was 100% convinced what he said was gospel.....they ALL look stupid. AND... posted on another thread, UW has been after Luke for a good month. I don't think he ever wanted to hire Jimmy L.

What happened is that numb nuts from the JSOnline got played into it's Jimmy L. 100% they did that to him on purpose. So there is a group that was 100% convinced what he said was gospel.....they ALL look stupid. AND... posted on another thread, UW has been after Luke for a good month. I don't think he ever wanted to hire Jimmy L.
You talking about Jeff P??

Back