NBA Draft 2015: Badgers react to Frank Kaminsky, Sam Dekker selections

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
usa-today-8668131.0.jpg

Warm wishes filled Badgers Nation Thursday evening for two bright stars heading to the next level.

It was a historic day for the Wisconsin Badgers Thursday evening, as it was the first time two players were selected in the first round of the 2015 NBA Draft in the same year in school history.

With the ninth-overall pick, Michael Jordan and the Charlotte Hornets drafted forward Frank Kaminsky. Though passed by the hometown Milwaukee Bucks at No. 17, forward Sam Dekker heard his name called by NBA commissioner at No. 18, when he was selected by the Houston Rockets.

Both players will have the chances to shine on their respective teams, and many current and former Badgers celebrated the selections and congratulated both players.

Twice as nice. For the first time in school history, two #Badgers were selected in the first round of the #NBADraft. pic.twitter.com/z9bkE9vPnD

— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) June 26, 2015

With the 9th pick in the 2015 #NBADraft, the Charlotte Hornets select... Frank Kaminsky. #OnWisconsin #Badgers pic.twitter.com/OUA3oVg9bS

— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) June 26, 2015

Congratulations to @FSKPart3 on being drafted by the @hornets! As I always tell you, you're the man! #POY

Nigel Hayes (@NIGEL_HAYES) June 26, 2015

Yessir!!! Who woulda thought two years ago this goofy 7 footer would be NPOY and a lottery pick.… https://t.co/8YLvOeN0ZC

Josh Gasser (@JPGasser21) June 26, 2015

Congrats to @dekker on going to the Rockets! Badgers are taking over Houston

Duje Dukan (@DDukan13) June 26, 2015

Congrats to my bros on fulfilling their dreams !!!! So fun playing with yall these past two years #squa pic.twitter.com/UfddXegpr6

Bronson Koenig (@BronsonK_24) June 26, 2015

Hit em with those Tanks Franky! @FSKPart3

Zak Showalter (@ZShowbball333) June 26, 2015

Congrats @FSKPart3 #BadgerNation

James White (@SweetFeet_White) June 26, 2015

So is Frank Charlottes new star? Couldn't tell you who else was on that team...

— Joe Schobert (@JoeTheShow58) June 26, 2015

A bit later, the love came for Dekker going to the Rockets:

Congratulations to @dekker on being drafted by the @HoustonRockets! Like we always say, "Look good, Play good!" #920

— Nigel Hayes (@NIGEL_HAYES) June 26, 2015

Yeah Sammy D! No way 17 guys are better in this draft. Congrats buddy #MakeEmBelieve #Rockets https://t.co/4d4GM4zZap

— Josh Gasser (@JPGasser21) June 26, 2015

My Brotha!!! Let's gooooooo

— Zak Showalter (@ZShowbball333) June 26, 2015

Houston Rockets? Favorite Team now! Congrats to my boy @dekker

— Reggie Love Jr. (@ReggieLove11) June 26, 2015

Hey hey, Sam to Houston! He should have a good professional role model who also is from Wisconsin down there #Badgers

— Joe Schobert (@JoeTheShow58) June 26, 2015

Congrats @dekker !

James White (@SweetFeet_White) June 26, 2015

Congrats to both @FSKPart3 and @dekker on the draft tonight! As good of guys off the court as they are on and both deserve it! #NBADraft2015

— Jake Pedersen (@jakeppedersen) June 26, 2015

It's been a pleasure, boys. The #Badgers will be watching proudly pic.twitter.com/Em0vmratD9

— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) June 26, 2015

Congrats to my badger bros @FSKPart3 and @dekker on being drafted tonight!

— Jon Leuer (@JLeu30) June 26, 2015

Continue reading...

Back