National writers weigh in on Brewers activity at the trade deadline

CrewNation

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Emotions were mixed after Milwaukee's maneuvers at the 2019 trade deadline. How did national writers view it?

brewers

Continue reading...

I agree I give the Giants trade a F- trade they gave up their #3 prospect for crap the Giants no longer wanted.

I know it’s splitting hairs but Baseball America had Dubon as the #4 guy in the organization and overall the organization was ranked 30 so he won’t be missed. He at best would be a utility player at the next level. He did not have much equity. I like Blacks arm and Pomeranz was real good lately out of the pen

The key to this deal is Black. If he can command his outstanding fastball a little better and get a consistent 2nd pitch this will be a good deal. If not, this will be a bad deal, though I do agree that Dubon's stock had been falling and I'm not sure he will ever be more than an "OK" MLB shortstop or more likely a utility guy.

There’s a reason they are called prospects. For each Hiura there are 10 Matt LaPorta‘s. Risk reward and if there is a position that you take a gamble on is pitching. There is a lack of quality arms in the league now and when it comes to Milwaukee the organization lacks depth from top to bottom. Don’t know if it’s analytics or poor scouting or a combination but it’s a league wide issue

There’s a reason they are called prospects. For each Hiura there are 10 Matt LaPorta‘s. Risk reward and if there is a position that you take a gamble on is pitching. There is a lack of quality arms in the league now and when it comes to Milwaukee the organization lacks depth from top to bottom. Don’t know if it’s analytics or poor scouting or a combination but it’s a league wide issue
But it's not like the Brewers gave up one of their good prospects for a good player in return. Instead they took garbage that SF had no want for anymore. These are the players you give a low ranking prospect for.

But it's not like the Brewers gave up one of their good prospects for a good player in return. Instead they took garbage that SF had no want for anymore. These are the players you give a low ranking prospect for.
I don’t consider Dubon a top prospect. Limited upside ceiling is probably a utility guy. Sure he’s #4 in the organization, one that ranked 30th. He’s replaceable. IMO Black has as much of more upside

Back