Milwaukee Vs Boston Series Thread

I’m 90% Portis stays. Just like I was that he was staying last year.
Not sure He can likely find a bigger deal in FA then MKE question is does he want to win or get paid.

And you thought that last year also. Clearly he likes to play here based on when he was a FA last year.
But it was also a one year deal for most part as he took a below market deal with player option. Does he do that again now that MKE did not repeat?

But it was also a one year deal for most part as he took a below market deal with player option. Does he do that again now that MKE did not repeat?
Yes I’m 90% sure he will. He never got the big contact last year on the open market. Repeating mean nothing. It’s fit and system which is perfect for him. He in not a 82 game starter in the league

Any team who watches his film vs Boston will see he’s very limited. Don’t get me wrong I love what he brings in for rotation but he’s not scaring me as a plus minutes starter.

Giannis first NBA player to have 200+ points, 100+ rebounds, 50+ assists in a playoff series. He had 237 points (33.9 a game), 103 rounds (14.7 per game), and 50 assists (7.1 per game).

Lots of retooling is necessary. I wonder about a lot of names on the roster.

Is Lopez worth $21 mill on bird?
Is Connaughton worth $11 mill on bird?
Is Portis worth $9 mill on bird?
Is Hill worth over $5 mill on early bird?

Add Vildoza to the keep list. He could be a viable back up for Holiday and at #2.

I never felt comfortable with this roster. I warned it wasn't cohesive, and wouldn't get past the 2nd round.

I'm not going to argue about it, but no matter how good the individual pieces are doesn't matter if they don't fit into the overall mold of the team. Their chemistry sucked! Said it at the 20 game mark, was told I was clueless, and here we are, exactly where I figured we'd be, and in game 7, the lack of chemistry was obvious.

I don't want to hear about how it was not having Middleton out there. He would not have made a 20+ point difference, and they didn't play any better as a team with him. The only thing that changed with him out there was that they had one more guy who was doing the same thing - feed the ball to Giannis, and watch. Then, when he was tired, let Holiday and Middleton launch a few. They totally failed to incorporate everyone on the court into their offense.

Watching the Bucks scurry around behind the play of the Celtics, and seeing the Celtics being able to cover our guys because they knew it all worked to Giannis was nauseating.

Add Vildoza to the keep list. He could be a viable back up for Holiday and at #2.

I never felt comfortable with this roster. I warned it wasn't cohesive, and wouldn't get past the 2nd round.

I'm not going to argue about it, but no matter how good the individual pieces are doesn't matter if they don't fit into the overall mold of the team. Their chemistry sucked! Said it at the 20 game mark, was told I was clueless, and here we are, exactly where I figured we'd be, and in game 7, the lack of chemistry was obvious.

I don't want to hear about how it was not having Middleton out there. He would not have made a 20+ point difference, and they didn't play any better as a team with him. The only thing that changed with him out there was that they had one more guy who was doing the same thing - feed the ball to Giannis, and watch. Then, when he was tired, let Holiday and Middleton launch a few. They totally failed to incorporate everyone on the court into their offense.

Watching the Bucks scurry around behind the play of the Celtics, and seeing the Celtics being able to cover our guys because they knew it all worked to Giannis was nauseating.
Hill is ready for retirement home he should have never been signed. With Portis if he opts out I let him walk as he's not worth a big money raise. Also let Lopez and Pat play out contracts. If I am Bucks you need to look for Lopez replacement he's no spring chicken anymore.

Also I think Middleton would have made difference as he's a more reliable shooter then anything the Bucks used to replace him.

I respectfully disagree on the Middleton take. They win the series in 6 with him. The reasons….
  • He’s the only guy other than Giannis who can create offense off the dribble. The core of the half court sets is running pick action with him and Giannis
  • He shot 44% from the floor in the season and was 42% from 3 vs Chicago. He’s the #2 scoring option on this team. Look at the 3 point % in the series.
  • Brown and Tatum exposed Allen on defense. While Middleton is not an elite defender he’s light years more effective than Allen and to some extent Connaughton, who got beat off the dribble multiple times this series. And he was beyond lazy on close outs vs Tatum
As to the continuity in the regular season that’s directly the case of Lopez being injured. Their offensive and defensive efficiency took about a 30% jump with him in the lineup.

They lost this series on the 3 point line. Boston had 3 guys who could create and shoot and cause mismatches. Milwaukee had one. Jrue is an elite defender but he’s not the secondary scorer, he took some bad shots more out of necessity that anything. Portis and Connaughton are catch and shoot guys who can make an occasional play but is usually vs a mismatch. Matthews is what he is. An above average defender who is again a catch and shoot 3 point guy. Gets back to how valuable Middleton is. You cant triple 34 with him on the floor and if he creates space it leaves the shooters room to fire away.

Hill is ready for retirement home he should have never been signed. With Portis if he opts out I let him walk as he's not worth a big money raise. Also let Lopez and Pat play out contracts. If I am Bucks you need to look for Lopez replacement he's no spring chicken anymore.

Also I think Middleton would have made difference as he's a more reliable shooter then anything the Bucks used to replace him.
Connaughton is a player option so there’s that.

Portis will be back on a 2 year deal. He’s perfect for the system and in the rotation.

I probably don’t extend Lopez, we are in agreement there.

100% agreement on Middleton

Don’t be surprised if there is not some major deal discussion via trade. 50/50 at best it happens, stay tuned

Back