Michah Hyde returns against Packers

I kind of get the impression that the way the Packers treated Nelson is similar to the way they dealt with Hyde. They had made their mind up, and it could have been part of why Nelson looked lethargic near the end of the season. If you know you're going to be dumped it has to take a lot out of you.
There were reports that Nelson was offered a pay cut to stay and he said no. Not agreeing or disagree with what happened but without knowing what was discussed, dollars and years it’s hard to speculate. I am sure his agent wanted a nice extension and GB was not on the same page. It’s not like he was the same receiver post injury.

There were reports that Nelson was offered a pay cut to stay and he said no. Not agreeing or disagree with what happened but without knowing what was discussed, dollars and years it’s hard to speculate. I am sure his agent wanted a nice extension and GB was not on the same page. It’s not like he was the same receiver post injury.

Nelson was offered a pay cut...............to the league minimum for a player with 10 years exp. (approx. $1.1M).
Going from a base salary of about $10M to $1.1M would sour just about anyone.

Jordy's Pay Cut

that's not a pay cut. that's a flat out insult. and he's still better than cobb has ever been or ever will be. wrong decision made by packers management.

Back