McCarthy: We're playing for a division championship

I read the part of Abby and I think MM contradicted himself. Anyone else get that perception?

I read the part of Abby and I think MM contradicted himself. Anyone else get that perception?

I think MM is a little lost. You can't say that a player's rotation is based on performance, and talk about one bad play that he had after which he didn't play much (didn't watch, but I'm assuming that happened) and compare that to Adams who's been nothing but poor play lately.

I think MM is a little lost. You can't say that a player's rotation is based on performance, and talk about one bad play that he had after which he didn't play much (didn't watch, but I'm assuming that happened) and compare that to Adams who's been nothing but poor play lately.

Right. In one portion he says the rotations are based on performance then in the next portion he says that he's not saying that it was because of the drop rather, it was just the way the rotation panned out. Then he also says, "You know, really who plays, where they play really has no concern. It’s really not even a topic in here". Maybe I'm not getting the context because it's in print. Maybe I need to see the press conference and hear how the questions were posed but the answers don't seem to jive.

He just may not want to admit that the guy whom the scheme was based around after Jordy's injury, and in whom McCarthy clearly believed was capable, just isn't it. He wasn't the right call and MM is not willing to admit yet another mistake.

Back