McCarthy: Role with offense not going to change

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's Monday evening press conference:

- (On Eddie Lacy) Went through workouts and so far and so good. He did the full workout.
- (On running game) Running the ball is important, stopping the run is important. We didn't do a good enough of a job. At the end of the day, it comes to doing the things.
- (On pass protection) Not where it needed to be. Mental errors were one of hte higher grades of the season from a negative standpoint. That's disappointing in your eighth game. We talked about it extensively. Went through the mental mistakes. It's all about winning the next game. Lord, knows we need to win a game.
- (On second half) You don't learn just from the good things. I thought the offense came out the second half big play with Randall. I suppose it was fun to watch.
- (On arguing on sideline) I didn't talk about that today. I don't have any concerns. Frnakly, I like it, it shows our players care. I know what was said afterward.
- (On Jake Ryan) OK. It was in line with what the rest of the team played.
- (On Richard Rodgers) Did some good things. I think history and watch around the league and the team we played against the tight end is a big target down there. I always felt the quickest way is down the field.
- (On if losing patience with Lacy) I'm trying to go through to help him get better. He's not doing very well. I'm trying to help him.
- (On getting involved in offense) I'll watch more film and keep doing what I'm doing. Our responsibilities have been fine. That's not going to change.
- (On personnel groups) That's something we'll look at tomorrow. I'm not there yet how to attack their defense. Part of that is match-ups and things they've seen.
- (On seeing offense similar as Rodgers) Every season is a work in progress. It's not about one guy. To run this offense, it's making the quarterback successful. Running the football would help. We have to stop him from getting hit.
- (On whether he needs to fire up his players) I would think all of our players and coaches have the red ass today.

Continue reading...

(On Richard Rodgers) Did some good things. I think history and watch around the league and the team we played against the tight end is a big target down there. I always felt the quickest way is down the field.

I suppose the story is just paraphrasing. but can someone translate that into English?

Back