Mason Crosby to sign 3 year deal with GB

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
@MikeMcCartney7

Big day for former Colorado Buffs. Congrats to @crosbykicks2 agreeing to a 3 year contract with the @packers. 14th year in GB!

I like this. We have seen teams struggle with finding kickers and Crosby has been good. Also I will not be shocked if this deal lets the Packers release him after 1 year if he has a bad year and hits the wall.

The #Packers re-signed kicker Mason Crosby to a three-year, $12.9 million contract, source said. He'll get $6M in Year 1, $9.5M over over two. That makes Crosby the NFL's third-highest paid kicker in his 14th season. He'll be 36 in Septembe

Seems OK to me. A little rich, but not much more per year than what he got last year. No serious CAP consequences and he's still an effective kicker.

Getting Crosby inked means there's one less thing the front office and coaches need to worry about.

I was surprised by the number, but I probably shouldn't be. Thought there was a chance they might take a chance on drafting someone, but relying on a rookie is a big gamble so I don't blame Gute for re-signing Crosby.

I just hope there isn't much for guarantees. He had a "great" year last year but he wasn't called on much (one of lowest FGA of starting K) and his % was an outlier for his career. He's a career 81% kicker. This is classic GB signing it's own because it feels safer than risking finding someone better. Will see what the reaction is if we see 2017-2018 Mason instead of 2019 Mason.

As long as this doesn't take cap space sorely needed at other positions (OL, ILB, WR, DB, etc the list is long. )

I just hope there isn't much for guarantees. He had a "great" year last year but he wasn't called on much (one of lowest FGA of starting K) and his % was an outlier for his career. He's a career 81% kicker. This is classic GB signing it's own because it feels safer than risking finding someone better. Will see what the reaction is if we see 2017-2018 Mason instead of 2019 Mason.

As long as this doesn't take cap space sorely needed at other positions (OL, ILB, WR, DB, etc the list is long. )

don't worry, we're going to be running the 5-2-4 defense next year. we won't need any inside linebackers.

Cap number on K Mason Crosby for 2020 is $4M. He received a $3M signing bonus and makes $6M this year on his 3-year extension. Shows how much the #Packers value him and wanted him back.

Cap Numbers:
2020: $4 Million
2021: $4.5 Million
2022: $4.4 Million

Last edited:
Mason Crosby's three-year, $12.9 million deal: 2020: $3 million signing bonus, $1.4M base salary, $950K annual roster bonus, up to $450K in per game roster bonus ($28,125/game active), $200K workout bonus. Salary cap charge: $4M. 2021: $1.5M base, $1.25M annual roster bonus, up to $550K in per game roster bonus ($34,375/game active), $200K workout bonus. Salary cap: $4.5M. 2022: $2.25M base, up to $650K in per game roster bonuses ($40,625/game active), $500K workout bonus. Salary cap: $4.4M.

Back