Mark's Post Combine Mock Draft 4.0

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Post combine and a few things did shake out of the tree. Going no trade down in round 1... add in an extra compensatory pick later.

Round 1 : Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Height: 6-5. Weight: 301. : GB is looking hard at OT... Spriggs moved into round 1 at the combine( great SR bowl work as well) and TT pulls the Trigger to help solidify the OT position.

Round 2 : Antonio Morrison, ILB/OLB, Florida
Height: 6-1. Weight: 232. GB has to address ILB and does at the bottom of round 2. This pick is a product of the board as the other target prospects are gone and GB makes the value/round pick. In 2015, Morrison totaled 103 tackles with 12 for a loss, 2.5 sacks, one forced fumble and a pass breakup. He was a quality run defender and tackler for the Gators.

Round 3: Willie Henry*, DT, Michigan
Height: 6-4. Weight: 311 Henry came out early and moved up over the last couple weeks.. projects as a NT in a 3-4 scheme. Huge upside. Type of player GB likes to grab and develop.

hi-res-01a88e50c530b15ea927bc16c77badfb_crop_north.jpg

Round 4 : Josh Ferguson*, RB, Illinois 5-10. 200
Look who's still here in the 4th for GB! Ferguson is a fast, athletic back who has made a favorable impression on NFL evaluators. He was banged up with a shoulder injury in 2015 and missed a number of games, but still averaged 5.5 yards per carry for 708 yards and three touchdowns. The senior also had 38 receptions for 280 yards and two scores. Too good for TT/MM to pass on.

Round 5 A: Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-6. Weight: 250. Higbee didn't work out at the combine, he's a big TE that is an asset in the Redzone ( totaling 38 receptions for 563 yards and eight touchdowns in 2015) and can block day 1. GB needs to add somebody to the mix and does with this pick.

Round 5 B : Chris Brown, WR, Notre Dame 6-2. 195
Sticking with Brown >Brown has a nice skill set and is a sleeper receiver who was caught up in the Fighting Irish's crowded depth chart. He impressed in the one-on-ones at the East-West Shrine with separation from corners. A sleeper WR that falls into TT hands ? Yes
please.
images

Round 6: Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190 Value pick by GB at this point, TT loves adding DB and Calhoun will compete for nickle D time and ST right out the gate.

Round 7: Victor Ochi, 3-4OLB, Stony Brook
Height: 6-2. Weight: 245 Undersized OLB with a quick first step... GB takes him in the 7th because he won't last as a UDFA. Starts on ST day 1 and needs 2-3 seasons to become a solid pass rusher..again value pick and long term depth.
image.JPG

There you have it my post combine mock !

Last edited:
I'm wary of Spriggs. From what I can tell he had a 2nd-3rd round grade based on film but rocketed up based on workouts. Is that fair to say?

Really like the Higbee pick. Michael Cohen and Bob McGinn both spoke with him at the combine and said he came off as very intelligent and x's & o's savvy, plus it looks like he can run a little.

I'm wary of Spriggs. From what I can tell he had a 2nd-3rd round grade based on film but rocketed up based on workouts. Is that fair to say?

Really like the Higbee pick. Michael Cohen and Bob McGinn both spoke with him at the combine and said he came off as very intelligent and x's & o's savvy, plus it looks like he can run a little.

Spriggs was a high 2nd pick for months... the workouts really helped him in that he is very athletic, has fantastic feet. But his strength vs big DT/DE was put to rest at the combine as he buried some OT that were rated higher. Honestly I think he maybe a better OT long term than Conklin who most have rated higher. If GB is looking OT they won't leave him on the board because good LT are a premium anymore.

I really like this draft, fills a few needs but no real reach's in it. Ferguson and Higbee picks add more weapons for Aaron and despite the gnashing of teeth from a lot of fans getting a better OT early so we have a solid 3 OT rotation makes a ton of sense.

I like Spriggs and think he may be an option at #27. I'm not convinced it is the best move for 2016, but I can see how it gives us depth this year and options next year when we have 3 free agents on the OL.

I'm also intrigued by Higbee and picked him in one of my mocks. Great value if we could land him in the 5th.

I am also really big on Ochi. Kiper mentioned him as a 3rd-round pick and while that may be optimistic, I doubt he makes it out of the 4th round. Did you see him knock the crap out of the bags during the drills at the combine?

I am also really big on Ochi. Kiper mentioned him as a 3rd-round pick and while that may be optimistic, I doubt he makes it out of the 4th round. Did you see him knock the crap out of the bags during the drills at the combine?
I did see his workout... the values are really messed up right now. Scouts and GM are a bit put off after the combine. I believe he falls based on teams trying to fill on some other positions. Just a hunch.

Higbee slides to 5 only because he didn't work out at the combine and teams go get a couple other players first. He can go down the seam and make plays... but his size in the red zone would help us tremendously.

I did see his workout... the values are really messed up right now. Scouts and GM are a bit put off after the combine. I believe he falls based on teams trying to fill on some other positions. Just a hunch.

Higbee slides to 5 only because he didn't work out at the combine and teams go get a couple other players first. He can go down the seam and make plays... but his size in the red zone would help us tremendously.

Have you read anything about Cajuste yet? I'm torn between him and Higbee at the moment.

Have you read anything about Cajuste yet? I'm torn between him and Higbee at the moment.
Yes I have but Cajuste would A. Have to learn a new position B. Learn to block With Higbee less thinking more making plays and with his size he won't be a liability in the run game. Just looking at it from a coach's viewpoint.

Higbee is really good after the catch. When I watch him I think he looks a lot like Kelce from KC. The biggest concern is that he seems like he's hurt a lot. Maybe as a package TE he could stay healthier. Would be willing to spend a 4th rounder on him though!

Nice thoughts. Been playing catch up here through different mocks.

Not up on players yet but if recent mocks are a teacher, there are trends.

Outside of the obvious runs on top players, some teams will always reach for need and draft players earlier then they should be or are projected. QBs, OTs, and Pass Rushers especially.

Another trend is on a weak position year as is the case with TEs this year, throw projections of rounds out the window. Needy teams will reach to fill their need.

So with this said could see TE Henry go rd 1 and as DPF said think Ochi will go a lo higher then Mark has him here given the premium on OLB value by teams.

Keep up the mocks everyone. Enjoy reading them and the thoughts and work in making them!

Back