Marks Mock Draft 1.0

Is Landry really top 15? I've seen him with a late first-second round grade.

Now that Pettine is DC, can we start to make any assumptions about body types and players he'll want? Those old Jets teams weren't big on outside pass rushers but seemed to have big bodies inside. Any chance for Vita Vea there at #14? Massive NT guy for the inside, can play in a 4-3 or 3-4.

Is Landry really top 15? I've seen him with a late first-second round grade.

Now that Pettine is DC, can we start to make any assumptions about body types and players he'll want? Those old Jets teams weren't big on outside pass rushers but seemed to have big bodies inside. Any chance for Vita Vea there at #14? Massive NT guy for the inside, can play in a 4-3 or 3-4.
No I think he's gone... The reason I like Landry is he's a little more durable than 3 or 4 other guys there. He can play the run as well as rush the passer.

From Sr. Bowl coverage:

One prospect whose stock is on the decline is Boston College defensive end Harold Landry. Multiple teams sources told me that Landry belongs on the second day of the draft. They said that his senior-year tape was not impressive. Landry had a big drop in his pass-rush production and had some ugly games in run defense.
Sources say that Landry is smaller than his listed numbers of 6-foot-3, 250-pounds. They say he is an inch or two shorter and weighs in the 240s, which makes him more of a linebacker body type for the NFL. Teams that run a 4-3 defense have concerns about Landry holding up on the edge, as he is very undersized to be a base end. Multiple team sources see Landry as a second-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors2.php#QS7CcfkyiilyJBSY.99

It's rumor season so who knows, but I think we have seen players like that drop for the same reason. Productive in college but if the athleticism doesn't jump out, it raises questions.

I still think Landry goes in the top 20, at worst.

Back