Mark's Mock 3.0 Pre Combine

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Round 1 continues to see value issues. GB plays the trade game in this draft early and gets an extra 5th as a comp pick.

GB Trades out of round 1 to the top of Round 2 for an extra pick in round 4 and a future 6th.

Round 2A . Kentrell Brothers, ILB/OLB, Missouri 6'1 249

GB knows it needs to fix this hole once and for all and plugs brothers in to that hole. Brothers made a big impact in 2015, recording 152 tackles, 12 for a loss, two interceptions, 2.5 sacks, one forced fumble, three passes batted and a blocked punt. Brings speed inside that GB doesn't have.

Round 2B Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford 6'4 249

Another position GB has to address and does right here. Hooper played well in 2015 as a dangerous receiver for Stanford. He had 34 receptions for 438 yards and six touchdowns on the year, but played better than the numbers illustrate. Hooper was a real receiving threat for Stanford and has some potential as a blocker. He uses his size well and has quickness down the seam. Hooper could be a receiving mismatch weapon in the NFL.

images

Round 3: Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn 6-6. 310.
GB needs depth at the OT position, Coleman started 2 yrs at LT for Auburn in the SEC. He really needed an extra yr in school but he has talent and can be coached. An upgrade of depth that can't be ignored anymore.

images

Round 4A : Josh Ferguson*, RB, Illinois 5-10. 200
Look who's still here in the 4th with GB extra pick ! Ferguson is a fast, athletic back who has made a favorable impression on NFL evaluators. He was banged up with a shoulder injury in 2015 and missed a number of games, but still averaged 5.5 yards per carry for 708 yards and three touchdowns. The senior also had 38 receptions for 280 yards and two scores. Too good for TT/MM to pass on.

Round 4B : Willie Henry*, DT, Michigan 6-4. 311
In 2015, he totaled 34 tackles with 10 for a loss and 6.5 sacks as a jr, most were not expecting him to enter the draft. Still young with really good upside. Plugs in our rotation and projects as a starter later.

Round 5A: Sean Davis, CB, Maryland 6-1. 201.
TT loves corners and he continues the trend here, Maryland's defensive leader started 40 games as a Terrapin and finished his career with a strong senior year. Davis showed good run support and tackling with 88 total tackles in 2015. He also had three interceptions and three passes broken up. Davis had 115 and 112 tackles as a junior and sophomore, respectively.

Round 5B: Chris Brown, WR, Notre Dame 6-2. 195
Brown has a nice skill set and is a sleeper receiver who was caught up in the Fighting Irish's crowded depth chart. He impressed in the one-on-ones at the East-West Shrine with separation from corners. A sleeper WR that falls into TT hands ? Yes please.

images

Round 6 : Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia 6-3. 246. Jenkins had 59 tackles with 10.5 for a loss, four sacks and two forced fumbles in 2015. He's a gritty defender at the point of attack. Jenkins is a solid player who is a jack of all trades and master of none. Perfect 6th round depth LB. Can plug holes and start everywhere on ST day 1.

Round 7: Tyler Marz, OG, Wisconsin 6-5. 321
Marz was an OT for WI but doesn't have the feet for it in the NFL, GB flips him to OG and again upgrade in depth and talent long term.

That's my draft pre combine. Better depth and filling some needs with a nice couple offensive gems in Ferguson and Brown.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that draft. Seems a pretty likely scenario as well with the trade-down. Would have maybe liked to have a DT a little earlier with Raji possibly gone and Pennell missing the first 4 games, but Henry seems solid enough that you might be able to get something out of him right away as part of a rotation but I'm not sure he's NT material, at least not right away.

You could swap the 1st 2 picks. Hooper before brothers. Love Ferguson. I pray we land him or Drake. Both are big play guys and good in passing game.

Why do you see Jenkins falling that far?

Also I like Colman but he is older then bak. Not a big deal but he's already 24 so he might be peeking out in growth

I don't see how we could pass on Coleman if he lasts that long, even if he is a little long in the tooth. I don't think that matters as much in the 3rd round as it does in the 1st.

Back