Lopez - Defensive Player of the Year

TW

Reaction score
Watching Lopez play this year is enjoyable. He seems to have a renewed energy, after spending so much time injured last year. His play is better than I think I've ever seen him, on defense, and even though his scoring isn't what it was when he was younger, it seems to be there when the Bucks need it.

He's being mentioned as the NBA Defensive Player of the Year. I think it's a fair statement. He's really shown that he has the chops around the basket. He blocks shots, intimidates and forces change, on so many shots on the inside. Then, he's there, to grab another rebound.

A person might think that he should have more rebounds, but when you're busy rejecting shots, you're not turned to the basket. You're busy intimidating, and swatting the ball away. The rebounds have to come from others, and we see Giannis, Khris, and Pat, all contributing in that area. Those three, in particular, get to the bucket, knowing Lopez is going to be busy.

Where this team looked lackluster, a couple of months ago, they now look like a well oiled machine, that when put to total use, can destroy almost any team out there. This could end up being another run at a championship.

Watching Lopez play this year is enjoyable. He seems to have a renewed energy, after spending so much time injured last year. His play is better than I think I've ever seen him, on defense, and even though his scoring isn't what it was when he was younger, it seems to be there when the Bucks need it.

He's being mentioned as the NBA Defensive Player of the Year. I think it's a fair statement. He's really shown that he has the chops around the basket. He blocks shots, intimidates and forces change, on so many shots on the inside. Then, he's there, to grab another rebound.

A person might think that he should have more rebounds, but when you're busy rejecting shots, you're not turned to the basket. You're busy intimidating, and swatting the ball away. The rebounds have to come from others, and we see Giannis, Khris, and Pat, all contributing in that area. Those three, in particular, get to the bucket, knowing Lopez is going to be busy.

Where this team looked lackluster, a couple of months ago, they now look like a well oiled machine, that when put to total use, can destroy almost any team out there. This could end up being another run at a championship.
See last night in SA he was going to be Giannis heavy and got at it with the Kings player who shoved Giannis.

Back