LaFleur Hires Receivers Coach; Promotes Getsy to New Role

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usatsi_10043243.jpg

The Packers named Butch Barry senior analyst and promoted Luke Getsy to quarterbacks/passing game coordinator and Jason Vrable to wide receivers coach

Continue reading...

QB/Passing Game Coordinator. Sounds like he's being groomed.

QB/Passing Game Coordinator. Sounds like he's being groomed.
nah just the in thing right now lots of teams namming passing game coordinator and running game cooridnator just ways to make it harder to interview guys for promotions and for guys to make a little extra cash on their paychecks

Last edited:
Think you are both right. ML came up under McVey who likes pushing his guys to get promotions elsewhere. Wouldn't surprise me if ML likes Getsy and is trying to help build his resume for an OC spot somewhere.

Anyway I know blank all about the guy coaching the WR. Doesn't make sense to me to fire Whitted and replace him with someone who has never done the job before, I would've preferred finding a WR coach with experience but hopefully an influx of actual talent and scheme fit will help things go smoothly next year.

If I'm not mistaken, Edgar Bennett coached the WRs at one time and did not have previous experience. If memory serves he did a pretty good job.

If I'm not mistaken, Edgar Bennett coached the WRs at one time and did not have previous experience. If memory serves he did a pretty good job.
That was 2011 he became WR coach.
With Driver, Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb, even I would have looked good as a WR coach! LOL! :cool:

Back