June 8th Mandatory OTA begins

Of course that back load money will probably be a "player option," so he can't tell them to kiss off after this year, and they can skate away from costs that would break their cap.
A player option will technically kill their Cap because if he opts out any SB money gets accelerated. And if they add $$ it almost has to be some SB for cap purposes. I would not do anything but a roster bonus which is not guaranteed

Because they are incapable. Honestly they probably think that he just reports and it goes away.
That would be stupid to think it goes away by them. My guess GBP thinks ok we force Rodgers back for this year he won't retire we play him in 2021 and then dump him after the season and move on. Which is a equally stupid thing by them.

A player option will technically kill their Cap because if he opts out any SB money gets accelerated. And if they add $$ it almost has to be some SB for cap purposes. I would not do anything but a roster bonus which is not guaranteed
I am thinking Rodgers wants something like 3 year fully guaranteed deal that would make him happy and GB would be fools to give that to him.

But why do you draft Love if you think extending Rodgers is a fix.
Because they thought he would be better than he turned out to be and have to eat a massive sh!t sandwich now.

Not saying that's how they feel, but I stand by my previous statements that if you really think you effed up the Love pick and your SB window is still open with Rodgers, then do what you need to in order to keep Rodgers.

Because they thought he would be better than he turned out to be and have to eat a massive sh!t sandwich now.

Not saying that's how they feel, but I stand by my previous statements that if you really think you effed up the Love pick and your SB window is still open with Rodgers, then do what you need to in order to keep Rodgers.
I still think Gute and Murphy are in the 1 more year run before they face the 2022 cap mess and blow this team apart.

I still think Gute and Murphy are in the 1 more year run before they face the 2022 cap mess and blow this team apart.
It's beginning to look more and more like a total gutting of the roster next year to be honest. Maybe get some value out of a few players in draft picks, take the cap hits for a year, and use their newbies to propel them into the future.

But, based on Gutey's ability to pick players in the draft, I kind of see us ending up a Jacksonville from the past. :(

It's beginning to look more and more like a total gutting of the roster next year to be honest. Maybe get some value out of a few players in draft picks, take the cap hits for a year, and use their newbies to propel them into the future.

But, based on Gutey's ability to pick players in the draft, I kind of see us ending up a Jacksonville from the past. :(
He seems to be solid on the 1st round just the middle rounds were you make your money finding cheap guys to become starters or key backups is were he gets beat up and has his lunch money taken.

That's vague alright. It always amazes me how non specific they can be. I would hate to have to adjudicate something like that.
this allows them to apply the rule however they want to on a case-by-case basis, which is absolutely unfair to the players. with a rule that vague, there's no reason to even have a rule.

this allows them to apply the rule however they want to on a case-by-case basis, which is absolutely unfair to the players. with a rule that vague, there's no reason to even have a rule.
This is due to a weak union. They fold on matters like this when it comes getting promises of no punishment for weed and having less practice in the off-season.

If they do call Rodgers' bluff, and Love tanks miserably, and looks like a lesser version of Hundley, the front office will be falling all over themselves to get Rodgers back in camp. It could happen, and I think Rodgers knows this. He might play hardball until they have no place left to run.

If he does end up coming back under these circumstances, the front office will have lost total control of the football operations to one player.

Funny how that works.

Back