JS: Blame for underachieving season falls on Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson

IMO Gruden won on Dungy's coattails.

what does that even mean? if you mean that he had pretty much the same players as dungy, yes - that's kinda the point. if you mean that he inherited a team that was already really good and just needed a little something to get them over the hump, well again - that's kinda the point. now if you're saying that gruden didn't do anything at all, i think you're way off base.

the fact that they could not sustain that success was more about how many players they lost to free agency and their cap situation than it was about gruden. although i hear that gruden is not well liked by the players and maybe his hard-ass routine only worked for that one season and then wore out quickly. all i know is that dungy had a team with plenty of talent and could not get them to the promised land. and gruden stepped in and did it in his first year.

I always love the argument that Gruden won with Dungy's team. As if to say, Gruden isn't a very good coach. Remind me again, who did Dungy's team play in that Superbowl. Oh yeah, that's right Gruden's old team. If Gruden won with Dungy's team, Callahan won with Gruden's team. Period.

Dungy did go on to Indy and fixed that defense and the Colts won the SB in 2006. His teams in Indy made the playoffs in every season he was their coach. The Colts did not beat Gruden's old team. The Colts beat the Bears.

I always love the argument that Gruden won with Dungy's team. As if to say, Gruden isn't a very good coach. Remind me again, who did Dungy's team play in that Superbowl. Oh yeah, that's right Gruden's old team. If Gruden won with Dungy's team, Callahan won with Gruden's team. Period.
Gruden was brought on to fix the offense in Tampa, Dungys downfall. The Gruden offense in Tampa was 18th in the league. Year before Chuckle? 15th. That team won on Kiffin's defense

Gruden was brought on to fix the offense in Tampa, Dungys downfall. The Gruden offense in Tampa was 18th in the league. Year before Chuckle? 15th. That team won on Kiffin's defense
No that team won because he lit a fire under their ass and if things didn't change he would cut them. Ditto with the crew in Denver... it's just that simple.

No that team won because he lit a fire under their ass and if things didn't change he would cut them. Ditto with the crew in Denver... it's just that simple.
Then the offense needed to be cut since it regressed including Keshawn Johnson.

Then the offense needed to be cut since it regressed including Keshawn Johnson.
The numbers regressed my friend but they won the prize and you can continue to fight the concept but it's all about winning the title in the NFL and major college FB period . It just is what it is.

You mean there are coaches who do that? What a revolutionary idea. I wonder if anyone in Green Bay has ever heard of it...

Wait, wait, I keep reading that these are professional athletes and don't need to be motivated. Now this. My brain is going to explode.

Back