Josh Jackson a bust and time to move on?

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
It's only his second year but it seems he has spent more time a healthy inactive then on the game day roster. Even if he is active it seems he sees few snaps. Will and should Gute admit he was not a fit and trade him for what he can before or during the draft?

Pettine doesn't trust him or think highly of him at all right now. He is way down the depth chart at both CB and S. Doesn't seem to be a scheme fit. I think they come up with a plan for him this off-season, say they want to look at him exclusively at S or what have you. Bring him back to camp. If it's not working, trade or cut. Gute, to his ever lasting credit, has shown that he will cut a player quick if they're not working out.

I never thought he was a fit at CB at NFL level. I thought when we drafted him he should have been put at safety right away. But with Amos and Savage locked in as starters and Greene seems to be the top backup I don't know if the Packers will want him as a 4th safety.

He looked good a couple weeks ago when he got extensive snaps. Has said and done all the right things. Did not melt down over the demotion like Josh Jones.

Doesn't have top end speed, is an Al Harris guy. Has flexibility like Micah Hyde. Can play CB, S, Hybrid. Can play at a high level, imo.

Size and speed to cover TEs from the slot.

He looked good a couple weeks ago when he got extensive snaps. Has said and done all the right things. Did not melt down over the demotion like Josh Jones.

Doesn't have top end speed, is an Al Harris guy. Has flexibility like Micah Hyde. Can play CB, S, Hybrid. Can play at a high level, imo.

Size and speed to cover TEs from the slot.
He cannot play CB, he is a safety and a marginal one at best

This is why I think they don't dump him right away. Josh Jones was begging ML to make an example of him. Jackson hasn't done that. They invested a 2nd rounder in him, they will try to see if he can do something, anything, for them.

The major issue is that he has proven to be poison on ST, can't stop grabbing. If you aren't playing regular game snaps then you need to play on ST. If Jackson can't even do that, he's dead weight.

Move him to Safety where he belongs. All his issues were known at Iowa. I warned everyone pre and post draft.
You werent the only one the dude is not a cb and I question him as any kind of safety. Has decent ball skills sucks at everything else. I wanted oliver or donte jackson instead

Back