Jonathan Lucroy vetoes trade to Indians

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
In an unexpected turn of events, Jonathan Lucroy on Sunday vetoed a trade that would have sent him from the Milwaukee Brewers to the Cleveland Indians. But will he still be with the Brewers at Monday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline?

Continue reading...

Indian fans are making him look like a bad guy. He limited power in a trade wanted something to lift his no trade clause either money or to have his option year voided Indians would do neither. Also rumor was Indians were going to have their injuried starter come back next year as the primary catcher making Lucroy the backup catcher and have to play 1B/DH which is something he did not want to do.

Top 5 prospects in Texas organization

i get the prospects thing, but you traded 2 solid players for some maybes. I know that's how baseball works and I know Lucroy wanted out..But.. Hopefully they develop.

If you get a bunch of nice projects for guys like Jeffress and Lucroy and a few of them turn out to be solid MLB starters this is a good trade. We weren't gonna go anywhere with Jeremy and Jonathan this year anyway. I heard our top SS prospect Arcia is going to be playing in San Diego tonight. I am eager to see him play.

Back