Jonathan Lucroy thinks trade would be best for him and Brewers

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
With the Brewers in the early stages of a massive rebuilding program, the veteran catcher – the subject of trade speculation since the end of 2015 – said Tuesday he is not expecting a lot of fun on the field in the next year or two.

Continue reading...

It's best to trade him now. He does not want to be here and he is the most tradeable person on the roster that will bring back a decent amount back for him.

I'd wait, unless you are totally blown away by an offer. Catchers get hurt and there will be contending teams that want to add a catcher who can hit come the trade deadline. Desperate/contending teams are more likely to part with a little more in the hopes it gets them over the hump. Right now everyone is headed into spring training healthy and optimistic so nobody is ready to part with their young talent. Let's see what we can get for him in July. Heck, tell him you'll deal him in July. Maybe it'll provide him with some incentive to play well. It's not going to matter to the Brewers results, but will make him more valuable on the trade market if he's having a monster year.

I'd wait, unless you are totally blown away by an offer. Catchers get hurt and there will be contending teams that want to add a catcher who can hit come the trade deadline. Desperate/contending teams are more likely to part with a little more in the hopes it gets them over the hump. Right now everyone is headed into spring training healthy and optimistic so nobody is ready to part with their young talent. Let's see what we can get for him in July. Heck, tell him you'll deal him in July. Maybe it'll provide him with some incentive to play well. It's not going to matter to the Brewers results, but will make him more valuable on the trade market if he's having a monster year.
Till he gets hurt or is playing bad and he's worth nothing.

He has marginal value. Maybe 2 mid tier prospects. Tough call but I may wait till the deadline and move him. May get more

Yup, that's a risk you take. He might get hurt, but based on what's happened so far, it sure doesn't sound like GMs are exactly knocking down the Brewer's door to get him or he'd be gone already. It's baseball. Serious injuries aren't all that common. It's a reasonable risk. Doesn't help that he's coming off a pretty mediocre season. Again, I'd bet on him returning back closer to his 2012-14 form unless you just get a really solid deal right now.

Back