Jeff Janis

WingT22

Reaction score
Just read a story about him with Cobb yesterday. He mentioned Janis as a guy who looks like he has made a big step forward. Reporter asked if Janis was the fastest WR on the team. Cobbs reply:"Oh ya, he is FAST. Fastest we have at WR."

Lot's of hype even though he has never done anything in a regular season game. Have to wonder as hard as they hype this kid if he can live up to it ?

He could run a 4.2 for all I care. If he can't learn to run a proper route it means nothing.

I don't expect miracles from him. I think he will be improved but the roster has a lot of talent at WR. Who performs on the field and in pre season will have a great deal to do with if Janis makes the cut. tc(

He could run a 4.2 for all I care. If he can't learn to run a proper route it means nothing.

per coach mm: "I thought he really came on at the end of last year. He was definitely ready to play at that point. ...and at the end of the year he was running some really good routes. Really good routes."

of course maybe mm doesn't know what he's talking about, or perhaps he's just outright lying, but i'm going to have some faith that janis is ready to play. at 6'3", 219#, with 4.42 speed, he would be a very nice weapon to have on this offense.

per coach mm: "I thought he really came on at the end of last year. He was definitely ready to play at that point. ...and at the end of the year he was running some really good routes. Really good routes."

of course maybe mm doesn't know what he's talking about, or perhaps he's just outright lying, but i'm going to have some faith that janis is ready to play. at 6'3", 219#, with 4.42 speed, he would be a very nice weapon to have on this offense.

If he was running those "real good routes" why was he inactive ? Just a thought

I'll be a little surprised if Montgomery doesn't surge ahead of him by the time the regular season rolls around. I think we'll be hard pressed to get a lot of these guys involved in the offense. We have some serious talent.

It will be a very good problem to have if it becomes the truth.

If he was running those "real good routes" why was he inactive ? Just a thought
according to mm, he was reluctant to throw a rookie into the mix that late in the season. i think that sounds like typical ultra-conservative mike. "let's not take any unnecessary risks. we're going to play it safe." it's the same kind of thinking that screwed this team out of a super bowl.

janis has been playing with rodgers in the ota's and has caught a couple of td passes - one of them in a high-pressure fourth and goal situation in a two-minute drill. i think he's going to get his chances in training camp and preseason. if he can gain aaron's trust, he will be golden.

I'll be a little surprised if Montgomery doesn't surge ahead of him by the time the regular season rolls around. I think we'll be hard pressed to get a lot of these guys involved in the offense. We have some serious talent.

It will be a very good problem to have if it becomes the truth.

Agree with this. I think Montgomery has a chance to be consistently on the game day 46-man roster even as the #5 receiver though, because he's a prime candidate to do kickoff returns and maybe punt returns.

MM does not like to bash players in pre-season. We always here how so and so looks so much better. By time season comes around the guy is on the bench or not active.

Personally, I have high hopes for the kid. With that kind of size and speed, he might also be a good candidate for returning. It will be tough to beat out Montgomery though. Man alive! This team is loaded! I just wish the defense was even close. They'd be unbeatable. Gonna be fun to watch! thumbsup

Back