Is Rodgers Responsible for Team Woes?

It's more then just one thing, it's a combination of multiple problems.

In addition to what has been said many times by everyone, will add this...

Rodgers has limited practice and game time during TC and preseason. So safe to say he hardly practiced with these rookies that needed time to be developed. Losing his starters and then pressing these late rd WRs into action what did everyone expect?

Also why weren't these rooks prepared when next man up was needed? That's on positional coaches.

Then when MM did try to modify his gameplan and these rooks were still learning the original book and ure QB isn't practicing during the week, how was that suppose to work?

As for Rodgers not doing checkdowns under MM, it was all about MMs system and order of reads. MM this off season went and borrowed from Sherman, going for big chunks and more opportunities for scoring. But this isn't Driver, Jennings, young Cobb, and Nelson. Just listing those 4 and what we have now should tell u something.

Yes Rodgers was hurt all year with knee wasn't 100% and he most definitely isn't blameless here. Like said multiple problems combined...TT, MM and Rodgers. Early years when it.clicked was great but last.few years it imploded

You don't get that excuse when you're the highest paid player in the league. You're the highest because you are supposed to be able to elevate everyone around you.

That being said. It's not all on Arod ... TT rightfully deserves a fair amount of blame for ignoring the offense for so long.

so you're saying that if you are the highest paid player at your position you are not allowed to have a bad year due to injury and you don't get to have any other good players on your side of the ball? i respectfully disagree. sheet happens. even if you are the highest paid player. i think the information that oak posted makes it clear that the biggest problem is the way that the packers handled the last seven drafts. way too much was placed on the shoulders of one player. it's a team sport.

so you're saying that if you are the highest paid player at your position you are not allowed to have a bad year due to injury and you don't get to have any other good players on your side of the ball? i respectfully disagree. sheet happens. even if you are the highest paid player. i think the information that oak posted makes it clear that the biggest problem is the way that the packers handled the last seven drafts. way too much was placed on the shoulders of one player. it's a team sport.
I have no issues how they drafted position wise but I do have issues who they drafted. Criticism goes with the territory, Favre heard it.

The expectations are higher if you are paid as the best. He has Adams/Jones/Williams/Cobb. While not the best there is def good enough for him to be playing better.

Injuries you can give some leeway to, but again if you want to be the highest paid your expectations should be higher than everyone else's.

As a former DC and defensive player I think your oversimplifying Capers issues. MM was hell bent to play that Steelers 34. We don't know that Dom didn't go to him and try to adjust. As for Pettine.... not a fan. His scheme is only slightly better and he still has made a boatload of coverage mistakes some at very bad moments.

I would prefer as stated for ys here to move on from the whole 34 concept. Just me on that one.

MM's fingerprints are all over the defense. MM firmly believed that you win on D by playing 5-7 DBs. He did not believe in strength up front. Look at how they're built for god's sake! ILB is a gaping hole. Pass rush is a gaping hole. TT and MM tried building a D full of corners who could cover for 5+ seconds instead of building of pass rush that would allow the corners to only have to cover for 3. MM hired Pettine and forced Joe Whitt on him because they believed the same thing.

I can't in good faith judge Pettine too much because 1) he didn't get to choose his own staff. MM saddled him with worn out coaches like Joe Whitt and Winston Moss, who was on such bad terms with Pettine by late in the season they weren't even speaking; and 2) talent level he was given. No prime pass rushers on the edge or interior. No speed and instinct at ILB. Rookie corners. It's a tough hand to play.

I agree, scrap the whole thing and let new HC implement his vision.

Somebody needs to slap Rodgers for these gross Cutler-esque god awful mechanics he keeps reverting to on throws. For the love of god I cannot stand those fadeaway sidearm throws down the sideline. Most of the time he has plenty of space to simply step into the throw.

Worse than that is his body language after every play. Watch his body language and tell me that doesn't effect his teammates. Stop acting like someone killed your puppy and be the leader of the team.

Here's another piece and again I am sorry if it's harsh but part of the problem from a perspective stand point is threads like this and all the articles trying to coddle the man... he's just a man. Stop putting these players on a pedestal. GB fans are especially bad about seeing their players through ggg( and need to start looking at them as stated above .. well paid employees doing a job for their employer the Green bay Packers.

This is exactly why I felt the Packers were making a mistake cutting a new contract for Rodgers. They had no idea how good his health would be, didn't know if they'd have a supporting cast that could keep him healthy, and were clueless as to what they'd do to cover the cost of major upgrades on defense, including quite possibly going to the 4-3 over the 3-4.

This whole thing has reminded me of owning a bike back 60 years ago. Tire went flat, you bought a patch kit, put it on the tube, then wrapped the damaged area of the tube with electrical tape as an extra "precaution." I had bike tires that were rotting out, and both of them had over a half dozen patches on them. It was okay for riding around on the bike, but we had this one hill we called "suicide hill," and I wasn't dumb enough to ride down that one with those tubes. When I finally got new tires and tubes, I was right up at the top of that hill, riding down like every other moron who thought they were going to live forever.

And those old tires and tubes? I threw them away. I didn't hold on to them for "old times sake," because they no longer meant anything to me or my bike.

So goes it with bikes, and pro athletes, who make a king's ransom for playing a game we'd all give our left one to play, at the level of the NFL. It's not just a game. Allegiance is bought with money.

Injuries you can give some leeway to, but again if you want to be the highest paid your expectations should be higher than everyone else's.

yeah, okay. higher expectations may be warranted. but that doesn't make him personally responsible when the team doesn't perform well enough to win.

Here's another piece and again I am sorry if it's harsh but part of the problem from a perspective stand point is threads like this and all the articles trying to coddle the man... he's just a man.

spot on, mark! he's just a man. one man. he's not a team. he's not an offense. he's a man. football is a team sport. the team has been crap for two years in a row now. i'm certainly not coddling aaron rodgers. i'm just stating facts. you can have the best qb in the game and the team can find a way to suck. this one sure has. is he the highest paid man on the team? well, yeah. he's got the most recently signed starting qb contract in the nfl, and he probably could have gotten more from another team. his contract is at market level, and it's irrelevant to what the expectations are for the team. if ted thompson had done his job right, and mike mccarthy had done his job right, and dom capers (rest his soul) had done his job right, the team wouldn't be where they are today. you know, i've heard the term used on this site before when referring to other teams, but i think it truly applies to the packers - they are a dumpster fire. there's literally nothing going right for them right now. the fact that they've won five games is a minor miracle.

Will see how it plays out. Because I'm hearing from different sides (not singling you out RB) that the team is crap and Arod can't be blamed for things because of his contract, but also that the team is only a few pieces away from being a contender and it isn't a major rebuild.

It can't be both.

Back