Is ILB greatest Packers need? Not so fast

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Cornerback, maybe even outside linebacker might be higher on GM Thompson's list

home

Continue reading...

i agree with the author that we have four major needs and all of them are on defense.

It really depends on what guys like Bradford and Goodson are going to do this season, which no one outside of the organization really knows. If Bradford could perform at a similar level to any of the ILB's that we could draft then CB jumps to the top of the needs list. However, if he can't but Goodson can, then I'd say ILB is the biggest need.

All that being said, I wouldn't be shocked to see us go for a pass rusher, like Eli Harold, with our first pick and address the needs later in the draft.

OLB is a need for no other reason than CMIII played in 18 games last year, which is not normal for him, and even then he was hampered and dinged with a groin injury for much of the year. Can't count on that again. If one of the "character" guys is there at 30, Ray or Gregory, I think you pounce.

GB is very flexible with its defensive needs: DL, ILB, OLB and CB could all use help.

Yeah, anything other than safety would be fine on defense. That said, I do worry going into next season with the current group of CBs. You need to get one that can play right away IMO. Other than that, I think you can add any other position at any point, or pass on any position at any point.

We need more DL help, but we are going to camp with the same guys as last year and we came pretty damn close to a SB. Same could be said of OLB and even ILB. (Yes, Hawk and Jones are gone, but they weren't playing much by the end of the season anyway. I'd like the depth and building for the future, but wouldn't necessarily be a disaster to stand pat at the other positions. Can't stand pat at CB.

You jinxed the pick!

Back