If it's not MM and staff then Why?.....

I'm not happy with McCarthy, but this sure puts a lot on Rodgers who I think is primarily to blame. However, if the QB isn't doing what you want, you've got to talk to him and show him on those fancy tablets. Just going "oh well" I set up the short throw but he won't do it, is not coaching.

Regarding the linemen. Sitton and Lang needed to go. I don't know why we didn't give a real good effort to sign Trettor. I like Linsley, but it would be nice to have Trettor at Guard with an option to go to center if Linsley got hurt. We have wiffed at replacing Sitton and Lang.

But still, if Rodgers would only throw the short quick pass, he would make it easier on his linemen and move the chains.

I'm not happy with McCarthy, but this sure puts a lot on Rodgers who I think is primarily to blame. However, if the QB isn't doing what you want, you've got to talk to him and show him on those fancy tablets. Just going "oh well" I set up the short throw but he won't do it, is not coaching.

Regarding the linemen. Sitton and Lang needed to go. I don't know why we didn't give a real good effort to sign Trettor. I like Linsley, but it would be nice to have Trettor at Guard with an option to go to center if Linsley got hurt. We have wiffed at replacing Sitton and Lang.

But still, if Rodgers would only throw the short quick pass, he would make it easier on his linemen and move the chains.
I think if they knew then what they know now about how bad the OL replacements were and how TT whiffed on so many they would have kept Tretter.

I think if they knew then what they know now about how bad the OL replacements were and how TT whiffed on so many they would have kept Tretter.

You're probably right. But Trettor had started and was pretty good. I'm not aware of us making any effort to resign him, how could we just let him walk? It made no sense then, and makes no sense now - in hindsight.

You're probably right. But Trettor had started and was pretty good. I'm not aware of us making any effort to resign him, how could we just let him walk? It made no sense then, and makes no sense now - in hindsight.
I agree. Many of us here where like WTF?

The Tretter thing was driven by money (IMO). Packers viewed him as a utility infielder/jack of all trades, as he could play virtually every position on the OL. But they weren't willing to pay him $18M over 3 years to be that utility infielder.
If Gute had been making decisions, it "might" have turned out different, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

If Gute had been making decisions, it "might" have turned out different, but that's neither here nor there at this point.
I don’t think Gute makes the financial decisions now anyway.

He could backup along the line but they believed his best position was Center, and we already had a center. He wanted starting OC money and got it from Cleveland. It takes two to do a deal, and he wasn’t going to stay here to backup instead of starting somewhere.

Back