Ice Fishing because Packers are not in the playoffs.

dannobanano

Ice was about 22 inches thick.
Yeah, things really changed here over the last 4-5 weeks.

Our ice went from 8-12" to 30-plus".

Still, navigating the lakes is becoming a challenge. By the end of this week, we may over 30" of snow on top of the ice. Trucks w/ plows will be working overtime to create "roads" for people to move their shacks and castles.

dannobanano

My youngest went fishing with friends by Rush City yesterday. Slammed some Crappies just at sunset. All three limited out.
A few in the 7”-9” range, most in the 10”-12” range, and one slabber that was 14”.
Wish he had taken pics

TW

Man! You guys need to pack some of those babies in a big cooler and come on down to South Texas to visit me. I've got the cast iron skillets, grills, and outdoor set-up where we can party. Also, I can round up a few extra golf carts and everyone can enjoy riding around the park in a convertible during February.

I do miss my fish from up north. My 2nd oldest son went out Yesterday, Buchanan Lake, by Marble Falls, TX, and they got a a few crappies, and bluegills, but nothing of size. But he and his buddy who's going to be retiring from the Army in less than a year did manage to polish off a case of beer, while the third guy in their group got to be the designated driver.

I can hardly wait to go up there and fry up a mess of those Texas gills and crappies. I want to see how they compare to Wisconsin. At least the water is cooler in that area of Texas at this time of year, so that should make them a little firmer.