Ice Fishing because Packers are not in the playoffs.

TW

My son and I sat today on the ice and fished while it snowed, we where able to also get a couple flags but no Northern, hitting it light, nice catch.
He out did me yesterday but today I had the hot holes.
That's a batch of fish I'd love to have. We don't do fillets, so I'd scale them, cut their heads off, slit 'em, pull the guts out, rinse them in salt water, then put some of them in coffee cans with water, to freeze. The rest would end up being fried in a cast iron skillet out on our patio. There'd be coleslaw, quartered red potatoes in butter and parsley. Of course, a couple of Millers, in bottles, and a great big smile on my face from ear to ear.

That would be my idea of a real New Years Day feast!

57packer

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Agree TW. I'd love to have a mess of 'gills like that. I haven't ice fished in years but I'm not working as much these days so maybe I'll get out there this year.

Reactions: TW

UWSP 88

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Could post up picks my picks of the fish but that been done, when out on Dec 30 and dropped by son off, punched in the hole in the ice for him and I went home to watch the Pack/lions game, after the game went out to check on him and to do a little fishinf myself. Well he found the honey hole. We ended up with 49 gils, went back next day and got 40 some more. Jan 1 got out for a bit and caught 18, and today picked up 25 more. Its a long walk on the ice to the fishing spot needed a nap after todays trip. Just fish cleaning up todays catch, time to catch up with whats going on...

UWSP 88

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Last day of my vacation, went out ice fishing again from noon to 3, limited out on Bluegills. all where between 6 1/2 and 8 inches. Really like the tungsten Jigs. Nice day on the Ice, sun was out for most the time I was fishing.

TW

I love those cold water bluegills. So clean, and firm. Pure gold!

UWSP 88

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Knock out 42 more tonight and a Pike. Caught a 19 inch LM Bass on 2 pound line, had to put him back season is over. Nice fish, was a blast to get him on the ice with the light line.

dannobanano

Knock out 42 more tonight and a Pike. Caught a 19 inch LM Bass on 2 pound line, had to put him back season is over. Nice fish, was a blast to get him on the ice with the light line.
Very fun!
Got a long story about a LM that I’ll share some time. The one that got away kind of story.