Hypothetical trade at end of year

TW

Reaction score
If, at the end of this year, The team who gets the #1 pick in the draft offers that pick for Rodgers, in a trade and sign scenario, would you approve? You can adjust it any way you want, by adding picks, but no other players would be involved in the trade. Just picks.

If, at the end of this year, The team who gets the #1 pick in the draft offers that pick for Rodgers, in a trade and sign scenario, would you approve? You can adjust it any way you want, by adding picks, but no other players would be involved in the trade. Just picks.
No....not going to be saddled with $30m in dead cap. After next year? Yeah sure

No team picking one would want 1-2 years of Rodgers though as they would be a rebuilding team lookin long term. Only way this would work out is if a team like GB itself lost #12 for the whole season as we know we would be total trash with Boyle or Love starting and would be in line for the top pick. But normal year the team picking one is trash and in a long term rebuild.

If it wasn't for the cap hit Yes without hesitation because they drafted their future QB.

Though I would have to think about a deal like if the 49ers offered say Javon Kinlaw and a 1st round pick for Rodgers.

Team with #1 pick offers it for Rodgers.

I'd take it and grab the kid from Clemson.

It's not because I don't like Rodgers - admittedly he frustrates me going deep on 3d and shorts. It's because he's walking out the door.

In a couple of years, the Love experiment will force Green Bay's hand. Green Bay is going to have to pay Love without seeing him. It's not going to be good.

Rodgers is leaving. I really believe he thought he was going to be able to make Green Bay his football home for life. Then we draft Love. Then we don't get the offense any new weapons. Then we don't get the defense any new weapons. Then we let his guy go.

He's just going to do his job and play football for fun. He's going to try to lead the Pavk to victory because its more fun. But, he's done as far as loyalty. He'll leave his first opportunity.

So get something for him now.

Of course, Green Bay will do it and use the first pick on an injured overrated not aggressive defensive lineman who takes plays off.

I'm gonna love it

Team with #1 pick offers it for Rodgers.

I'd take it and grab the kid from Clemson.

It's not because I don't like Rodgers - admittedly he frustrates me going deep on 3d and shorts. It's because he's walking out the door.

In a couple of years, the Love experiment will force Green Bay's hand. Green Bay is going to have to pay Love without seeing him. It's not going to be good.

Rodgers is leaving. I really believe he thought he was going to be able to make Green Bay his football home for life. Then we draft Love. Then we don't get the offense any new weapons. Then we don't get the defense any new weapons. Then we let his guy go.

He's just going to do his job and play football for fun. He's going to try to lead the Pavk to victory because its more fun. But, he's done as far as loyalty. He'll leave his first opportunity.

So get something for him now.

Of course, Green Bay will do it and use the first pick on an injured overrated not aggressive defensive lineman who takes plays off.

I'm gonna love it
Not with a $30m dead cap hit I don’t.

Back