Happ-y Days: Badgers snap 5-game losing streak with win over Illini

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Ethan Happ or Trent Frazier, who you got? On Thursday night the game between the Illinois Fighting Illini and Wisconsin Badgers felt like it would come down to which big night mattered most. In the end, it was Happ and the Badgers coming away victorious, 78-69. The junior All-American led his team with 27 points and had 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 blocks and 2 steals. Wisconsin needed every bit of...

Source

Continue reading...

Two guards contributing. Pritzi & Davison. Sounds like something they should be trying to do, instead of continuously dumping it deep, and watching Happ get double & triple teamed. Missed the game, but realize the Badgers have lost that perimeter game which makes Happ more effective.

Spot on TW. With the offense they are running right now, they have to have shooters. Happ in the middle should allow open looks from outside against most teams. Heck, look no further than the previous game. Pritzl had plenty of open chances and missed them all. If he hits 3-4 of those shots Bucky probably wins.

I had a chance to watch the Illinois game, since I did record it. They need to move off the ball, after getting it in, to Happ. They did that against Illinois, and picked up their outside game considerably. It also created more spacing for Happ, and allowed for other big men to move to the basket.

I hope they stick with that approach, but I have this sinking feeling they're not going to move the ball around after this. Illinois was a weaker team, and anyone they think is stronger, they're almost tentative in their offense.

You hold the score down by playing good defense, and moving the ball around to get good shots that are high percentage. They need to follow that script, like they did with Bo. This team isn't built to be in an 80+ each scoring game.

Back